Six Nations Rugby 2018

I see he has the photo of 1973 heroes on his twitter main page . He can’t be that bad then .

I’ve got a kiwi fella based in England I used to work with, he’s asking me where he’d pick up tickets for Oireland v NZ in November. Anyone any ideas? He said tickets were to go on general sale this morning on Ticketmaster but are all showing as sold out already. Anyone know any other avenues? @gilgamboa

Were they even on general sale?

Call a professional services firm in Ireland in September with a “big transaction” and say you hope it will kick off in November. Mention you will be over then and are a rugby fan…

Once game is over the big transaction collapses due to commercial issues.

2 Likes

Best bet is use other kiwi contacts to try and get em for him thru club here. Hard though. My club probably twice or three times oversubscribed for this game id say

1 Like

Doubt it

How many corporate tickets will be dished out?

You had to sign up to Irishrugby.ie for €50 to get into the presale, to buy them for another hundred each

:grinning:

A load of these tickets will be wrapped in “packages” for €500 a pop. You’ll get a ticket, Mick Galwey will tell you a few anecdotes and they’ll feed you about €15 worth of grub. If you have the wedge it shouldn’t be too hard to pick them up.

1 Like

Cheapest on Viagogo is 355 euro and the cheapest I see on Stubhub is 500 euro

That’s all these ‘tours’ are about - and junkets like the Lions too - Ex players and a couple of corporate types making a fortune off them and marketing them as ‘tests’ and ‘grand finals’ :smiley:

Could be like the association football “national” team who play on a site leased from the IRFU and struggle to get over 40k for games.

1 Like

40k? That would be top top end
Often have less than 15k at games

I always try and be nice.

1 Like

Oooft

Maybe too Irish fans should not be denied the experience of wonder at the Ladybird Book lyrics of Ireland’s Call and the passive aggressive audio waterboarding of people into believing it actually holds a position of national importance.

A sop to the Ulster players, who won’t sing Amhrán na bhFiann because it’s not their anthem, Ireland’s Call has found a place alongside fracking and puppy farms as plain wrong.

Politically gelded, tunefully on a par with ‘Oggy Oggy Oggy’ and because it acts as a numbing agent as meaningful as ‘I am the walrus, goo goo g’joob,’ it is ‘nothing’ masterfully captured in song and dutifully belted out every February.

Forever standing tall Andrew Trimble, Rory Best and Iain Henderson, what did they ever do to have to sing it before a match. Victims all of gestural politics, has rugby not matured enough to understand the concept of divergent communities and mutual respect, without throwing them the hospital pass of the ever stillborn terrace tune.

1 Like

That’s quite a rant about an auld song mate, you ok?

1 Like

That’s a very eloquent pile of shite

1 Like

Woeful

1 Like

Interesting interview with Earls on OTB last week. He went into a lot more detail on his mental health issues. It was around this time in 18 that he was getting some good treatment and he put his upswing in form down to it

2 Likes