Smoking

Who here smokes?

I don’t mean Graeme Dott now just your bog standard box of 20 smokes?

No real reason for this popping into my head except Bandage’s revelation in the pub on Saturday that Darragh Maloney is a chain smoker.

My smoking history includes me inhaling a pile of it passively on the secondary school bus back in the day which resulted in me getting a mild form of asthma. I swore I would never touch them for real but in college I had them on most nights out. This continued into work for a while until one type I got violently ill the following day. Now even the thought of one turns my stomach…

Yeah it turns your stomach until you get a few pints into you.

Im a regular smoker myself. 20 Camel there chief.

Price of them is beginning to put me off though.

[quote=“Flano”]Yeah it turns your stomach until you get a few pints into you.

Im a regular smoker myself. 20 Camel there chief.

Price of them is beginning to put me off though.[/quote]

I thought it was 20 Kent Blue there boss!

I’m back on the smokes after five months of being off them, got extremely stressed out one evening after college and now cigarettes have an evil grip on my lungs and wallet once more. They are great on a night out though, smirting is a lot easier then trying to chat up birds on the dancefloor.

I’d say donkeytail is mad for the fags (the smoking kind, not the allchangeplease kind)!

I still count myself as a smoker, even though I gave them up the day the Euro came in (2002). Fell off the wagon once or 50 times but only for Hamlets or tip cigars. Smoked like a trooper on my honeymoon. When waiting for our cab to the airport to bring us home I threw around 12 left in the pack into the bin. Haven’t smoked a cigarette since (over 2 years). Miss them though, loved smoking, just hated the smell etc off you, disgusting. Plus the side effects, shortness of breath, shortness of life, cost too much…

I’ve been smoking since I was a foal.

gave them up once for a day and a half and my stomcah started caving in on me and I was doing rusty oil dumps for 5 hours.

when I eventually had one, it was the most disgusting yet beautiful moment - a lot like shooting the bolt at readers wives.

Went to Stuttgart - Celtic in 2002 or whenever it was and had a celebratory cigar afterwards to toast our progression. Then kept having a cigar every time Celtic won a match. Got to the stage where I’d always have a pack of Hamlet with me for nights out. Had my last one in a bar down in Limerick after Celtic won some SPL match. Was sitting at the bar, inhaled too much smoke and legged it to my room to get sick.

Didn’t have one since until the Pogues this year. On exiting the gig I found a cigar on the ground and inexplicably (drunkenly) decided to smoke it.

I’m very good at blowing fags rings actually.

I don’t smoke but I don’t really disapprove of smoking either. Like, I hear some lads saying they’d never bang a smoker but to be honest that wouldn’t bother me.

I’m a bit weird like that. Don’t mind the odd smoke of a Hamlet but wouldn’t touch a bird that smoked - like lickin an ashtray.

I hate smoking myself, but each to their own and all that. Early deaths in my family literally due to it really put me off. Used to go out with a one that smoked and now I dont know how I did it. Maybe I’m strange like that, I see a nice young one, then I see a cigarette in her hand and it puts me right off. I’d never harp on to anyone about smoking, friends would smoke and thats their way, but aint for me.

/ what he said

A young one with a cigarette putting you off…
Interesting. I know people like that alright, strange one I think. Offer her a mint

[quote=“Flano”]A young one with a cigarette putting you off…
Interesting. I know people like that alright, strange one I think. Offer her a mint[/quote]

A chung wan smoker with a nike95 tracksuit might put me off!

Ah take the tracksuit off her and I’d be happy

You might have a embarassing accident with her hoopy ear rings. Personally I wouldn’t risk it for a biscuit!

Go on the fook:

‘Bars in Minnesota are declaring themselves theatres to get around a public smoking ban. The state ban allows actors to light up in character during theatrical productions. So the bars are declaring themselves theatres and their customers performers, reports the Daily Telegraph. Up to 100 bars across the state are exploiting the loophole, many with gusto. Customers dress up in costume, ashtrays are props, entrances are re-labelled “stage door” and productions include the Tobacco Monologues’ -

I’m exactly the same Gman.
Barcelona was a killer in this aspect as the fookers love smoking with a passion.

Smoking is cool. Non smokers aren’t cool. I learned this when I was 10 years old http://www.thefreekick.com/vbforum/images/icons/icon10.gif

‘Smokers are loser jokers’ is a rhyme I made up there now.

‘Drinkers are intelligent and sophisticated thinkers’ is another one.