Snacks - Your Favourite

Being a hetrosexual man with a stomach, I’m very fond of my food. Breakfast, elevensess, lunch, foursess, dinner and tea. The importance of the little in-between snacks cannot be underestimated either. My favourite snack, by a country mile, would have to be toasted sandwiches. Picture the scene:

It’s 6.15 on a monday/thursday evening, you’ve just arrived home from a hard day at the office and the carvery from lunchtime has well and truely worn off. You feel like you’re ready to eat your housemates laptop you’re that hungry. However, you have an astro game at 7.30/8.00pm and you don’t want to be running around the field with a stomach full of spuds and gravy. A toasted sandwich and cup of tea is the ideal sanck in this situation. Ready in 5 minutes, eaten in 2, and the effects of it are well and truely worn off before you take to the field. Then on your return from football you just top up with another toastie and you’re set for the night.

Favouite fillings would include:

Relish, ham and kilmeaden cheese
Chicken, stuffing and kilmeaden cheese

[quote=“Fran”]

Favouite fillings would include:

Relish, ham and kilmeaden cheese
Chicken, stuffing and kilmeaden cheese[/quote]

Relish?
Chicken?
Stuffing?

La-de-da

I was a fan of a toasted sandwich now and again but I think my toasted sandwich maker is uncleanable at this stage. So I stay clear.

My favourite quick snack would be simple. White bread. Butter. About four slices of ham. Glass of milk.

And away you go!

I’d be a couple of slices of brown bread and Kilmeaden white cheddar. Sometimes toasted, sometimes not.

Cannot fucking beat Kilmeaden.

Smashing tags Fran

[quote=“farmerinthecity”]Relish?
I was a fan of a toasted sandwich now and again but I think my toasted sandwich maker is uncleanable at this stage. So I stay clear.

[/quote]

A toasted sandwich maker is like a good wine. Matures with age

[quote=“therock67”]I’d be a couple of slices of brown bread and Kilmeaden white cheddar. Sometimes toasted, sometimes not.

Cannot fucking beat Kilmeaden.

Smashing tags Fran[/quote]

Thanks Rock. I really think I could be in the Guinness book of records if I had kept a log of my Kilmeaden white cheddar intake down through the years

have to agree with you on that fran

like a dirty frying pan

Toasted ham and cheese with a bit of ketchup, if I’ve the time and/or inclination, I’ll often throw in a bit of chopped tomato to liven things up.

There was this bird who I wanted to impress a while back, and I made her the Sledgehammer special toastie for breakfast, even layed on OJ and Sunday papers. She was fairly impressed I think.

Where is she now Sledge?

Lost, like the rest of them. I believe she moved over to the northside, probably in an effort to get further away from me. Actually, I think she moved to Phibsborough, which wouldn’t be a good idea as I spend a lot of time in Phibsborough. I’m waffling. To sum up, rocko, she dumped me a few weeks after the Sunday morning breakfast.

I am a hoor for my food and would easily eat four square a day…Normally Porridge, tea, toast and 2 bananas for breakfast…Around 12 or 1 I would have a full dinner in college, meat and 2 veg…Around 5.30 or 6ish I would cook the auld dinner, try to vary this, might have chips twice a week, spud twice a week and rice or pasta once each etc…then around 10 or 11 in the evening I would ate a pizza or a couple of burgers or crispy pancakes…

I would also snack through the day…Would normally try and eat a piece or two of fruit during the day, normally an apple and banana…A great job for a quick snack are the Bratwurst from aldi…Throw them into a pot of hot water and cooked in 5 minutes…delicious…

Jesus Puke, early season spring training must be tough enough for you!

Stop the lights kid…thats the main reason I play to soccer over the winter, well that and an excuse to go boozing on the sunday…If I was to take any bit of a break the weight comes on…Put on the bones of 6 pounds over 10 weeks last summer when I made shit of me ankle…

Couple of slices Brennans with Connaught Gold, packet of cheese and onion crisps (King or Hunky Dory’s). Two butties and empty the remaining crumbs in the end of the bag in the mouth.

Mug of milk.

[quote=“SoulDressing”]
Mug of milk.[/quote]

Tis one thing that I cannot drink…absolutely hate the taste of the stuff…I find that a glass of it just sits in your stomach and you can feel it slosh around

I suppose the real question I’m asking is did you get any dividend from the high quality breakfast or was it just a smile and then no more?

jesus puke, all jokes aside, your fucked when you stop playing hurling. I was in the same boat, ate like a horse but trained like a horse too. Minute I stopped twas sick how much weight I put on. You need to cut down the food intake asap.

Sledge you probably promised her the night before the traditional addition of a poached egg with the hole in top slice for the yolk and then gave her the egg-free version. With the result that yoke wouldn’t let you near her hole and the eggs remained undisturbed.

Fuck it dan eat, drink and be merry…The weight fluxuated between about 13 stone 7 in the height of summer to about 14 stone 1 or 2 in the depths of winter…

I received dividends in the weeks before and after, so it’s hard to say. I’d like to think she was impressed anyway, and would use me as a brekkie yardstick to any new potential suitors.

I might have been pissed but I really don’t think I would have offered egg as part of the deal because I don’t know how to cook an egg, and wouldn’t even know where in the kitchen to find them.