Soccer Trips

My next foreign football trip will be dependent on Steve Keanā€™s next managerial appointment.

From memory its all covered but Iā€™d say similar to Croke Park the front of the bottom tier would be in the open

[quote=ā€œJulio Geordio, post: 721767ā€]

From memory its all covered but Iā€™d say similar to Croke Park the front of the bottom tier would be in the open[/quote]

Think thatā€™s about right. The tickets available to tourists will generally be in the top tier and so covered. Most hotels in Madrid should sort you out for tickets if you donā€™t get any before going there.

It should be easy enough to get Real Madrid tickets. I was over for the Valencia game last year (their only 0-0 in the league last season!) and we got tickets the day before out at the stadium. Just walked up to the ticket office, no queue at all.

Most of it is covered and theyā€™ll have the heaters on this time of the year. The tickets are handy enough to get online from what I can remember.

Went to see Bayern Munich play St. Pauli in Munich a couple of years ago. The stadium is out on the middle of nowhere and was lacking some atmosphere apart from the St. Pauli fans who were fantastic. Iā€™d say you be better off heading to the reeperbahn to have the craic and take in a St. Pauli game as advised by SS

I am in two minds. There are a rake of tickets available on the website. Flying home via Santander means that its not terribly expensive. However the horrors of getting up to make an early morning flight arent nice. Is there any superfast train that would take me to Santander airport after the game that I could sleep on overnight??

heading to a barca game in a couple of weeks. gambled on a game being put back to saturday when booking the flights and now confirmed. few of us going, but all tickets available are all over the place. would it be wise to buy these tickets as they are and try swap when over there or change seats, or wait until the day of the match and see about getting them there together?

Where are you getting the tickets from?

I was at a Barca villareal game Gman and 3 or 4 of us got tickets 15 mins before kick off.They were ā‚¬35 but we got them for ā‚¬30.Iā€™d say wait until you head over.

Last year I got tickets for myself and the brother. He was two rows in front of me. I thought I might get two together but the problem was that they were individual season ticket holders so therefore in the area I was I couldnt get them exactly the same. As it happened someone was late and we were beside each other for a lot of it

I tried timing a business trip to Italy to ensure I got to see Juventus v Chelsea in the CL but unfortunately one of the individuals Iā€™m visiting plumped for a week earlier, which is the in-between week (Juve at home to the Norwegian team the week before). Itā€™s a shame but as I always say, business is business is business.

Plotting a Spurs trip as we speak

WHL has a decent atmosphere in fairness. Try avoid some early kick-offs against the likes of Wigan or Sunderland though.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:
no EPL ground has a decent atmosphere - its the most sanitized league in the World

We rocked the place when we were there

My dream is that Ian Holloway gets the Crystal Palace job freeing up Steve Kean to take the Blackpool position.

Then I can get planning on a post Christmas Ipswich-Blackpool or Blackpool-Ipswich trip depending on the fixtures. This could be made an Official TFK Away Day. Big Mick McCarthy versus Steve Kean - it doesnā€™t get any more mouthwatering than that.

:clap:

A GGA diehard that likes the EPL

is there a more disgusting type of person in Ireland?

one of the worst stadiums ive been to. whl is a shithole. horrible part of london too, miles from the nearest train station.

spurs fans are a weird type for english football fans. full of geezers who work in banks in the city, danny dyer types who turn on their team in a heartbeat

how many times have you been to birmingham villa park mate?

Does anybody know how difficult it is to get tickets for Dortmundā€™s Sud Tribune?