Social Networking Sites

He’s at it again… :joy:

1 Like

My own aunt did this too :persevere:

Be some craic if we’re all referring to the same person :fearful:

Inbred cunts everywhere

Christ Linkedin would sicken your shit. Some amount of these inspirational posts lately. Kiara hasn’t even started work yet FFS.

I HIRED a mother with two young children and an unemployment gap of almost 2 years. Everyone told me it would be the wrong decision.

_Kiara had left her job in 2016 to spend time with her children. To everyone’s disappointment, I did hire Kiara. Kiara passed every test, crushed her interview, and showed more professionalism than anyone else. _

I did not consider her employment gap. Or the fact that she had children.

I did not care what her resume said. I cared about her performance and character.

Out of 300 applications, Kiara was 1 of 5 people to catch a typo in the job description? I will explain…

I added a section to the job description that said: “Bonus points if you find the typo.” Since the role requires a keen attention to detail, this was a big deal for me. Kiara (with her employment gap and kids at home) was among the top 1.7% of people to catch the typo.

She was the best person for the job. Plain and simple. Immediately after speaking with her, I took down the job posting and sent her an offer.

On paper, Kiara was not the best candidate. But when it came down to DOING, she was better than anyone else.

It’s important to look beyond the resume when making a hiring decision.

Please help me welcome Kiara Santiago To LinkedIn and the Find My Profession team.

Also Linkedin’s hiring policy must be called into question if everyone in the company told him not to hire a young mother. Shocking stuff.

1 Like

“To everyone’s disappointment”, so he’s just called his entire office a shower of cunts. He’s also announced to Kiara that all her coworkers are disappointed she has been hired.

Kiara is in a good position now. He can’t fire her :sweat_smile:

Hello

Miguel Delaney on Twitter is not a happy man about the Irish victory yesterday. Setting at levels you normally only see on here

Seething

2 Likes

False narrative tbf

John Moore, Ph.D.
EVP/SVP Retail and Restaurant Keynote SpeakerPeople Builder Inspirational LeaderRecord Breaker Leadership GURU*
2w Edited
About 6 weeks ago, I noticed that one of my LI connections was looking for a job. He had been unemployed for over 6 months. He was losing his house/car, and his family was suffering. He listed the top 3 companies that he wanted to work for. As I was reading his post, I looked thru my connections and noticed that I had several high level connections in each of those companies. They frequently liked my articles here on LI. I sent each of them a message on LI without him asking me. I also sent a screenshot of his post. I asked them to reach out to him and they did. My connection reached back out to me yesterday and said they had made him an offer. Here is the lesson:

1. People should not have to ask you for help if you can help them.

2. Life is about HOPE: Helping One Person Everyday!

3. Don’t let other people drown when you can throw them a lifejacket.

4. You don’t have to know people individually to help them.

5. As an influencer/leader, who was the last person that you helped when they were down?

6. It takes just a few minutes to change a person life; therefore, use your time wisely!

He will never know who I was, but I will never forget him!

3 Likes

Inspirational

Is he Irish?

He’s a GURU.
That goes beyond petty boundaries.

He’s GUBU

You just don’t get it fella.

Nope, and happily so.

1 Like

It doesn’t cost anything to be nice.