Social Networking Sites

A mate of mine reckons the same thing is happening to him.

He was having a conversation about some obscure topic when he went on Facebook he saw adds relevant to the conversation he just had…

Messenger lads, this has been the case for some time

@The_Runt told ye this years ago

1 Like

We’ll all be making the switch to Signal soon I think

1 Like

I’d normally put it down to coincidence or the off chance I’ve googled something similar at some stage or something. But the father in law is down here for a few days and he’s forgotten to bring his gluten free porridge, anyway they were discussing it here and next thing I get an add for gluten free porridge in my Facebook feed literally two minutes later. I don’t eat porridge, nor am I gluten free. I’ve never googled/typed/liked anything even somewhat related to gluten free porridge.
It may be a coincidence but it’s a very strange one.

My mate had a brief conversation about harmonicas and he saw adds for them on Facebook after :face_with_monocle:

So are bandage and rocko.

Spot on. :ok_hand:

Sounds like the father in law would want to cop onto himself and stay away from these snowflake fad diets

Will you ever compile a recipe book?

por auld paddies flabbergasted facebook is spying on them :joy:

1 Like

Get back in your box you fucking numpty

13 Likes

Tbf to him, tis hard to keep up with it all sometimes

A seasoned internet veteran like @Tassotti should know better than anyone that the internet never forgets

Paddy only cottoning to it now :joy:

Mrs Mac and I were watching the Fyre Festival thingy on Netflix on our TV last night. She was getting ads for Forbidden to Fruit and a bunch of other Irish Summer Festivals within 10 mins of it starting.

All those accounts are probably connected. Netflix to your gmail or something.

Fairly inane contribution

3 Likes

that’s astonishing

2 Likes

In fairness in this day and age and after all we know you’d want to be some mug to be on Facebook.

I’m not on Facebook