Some Changes Afoot

What’s your screen resolution do you know?

Made the left bar slightly thinner there - any change?

No change, 1280 by 800 is the res. Doesnt bother me unduly, just felt you might like to know.

Hmmm can’t figure this out. Do you mind posting your Chrome version number (under help)… see if I can replicate it.

Couldn’t figure out the problem so just disabled the right sidebar for the time being.

I’ll work on a second skin at some stage, or maybe even making the green less garishly green.

Yea thats working fine there now on the front page without the right sidebar.

Hunnish blue will be missed

Added a different green skin there to the dropdown list called Basic Green. Think it’s a bit neater so will make it default unless anyone has any huge objections (bar the return of hunnish blue).

it’s v slow to load, and every time you backup it gives an expired webpage message.

I think the whole site is sluggish this evening - shouldn’t be caused by the skin which should load quicker than the old one.

Not sure what you mean about the second part, it may just be because you’ve changed skins and are hitting back. Again the skin shouldn’t be causing issues like that but let me know if it persists.

i just switched back to old green and both problems disappeared.

Odd.

The first few pageloads on the new skin will always take longer as the browser needs to cache some stuff but that should only last for a few clicks. After that the Basic Green should load quicker. And I’m not sure why the other problem is occurring unless it’s constantly looking to change your skin because you have the other one selected in your profile or something.

I’m going to be controversial and force everyone onto Basic Green for a while so I can see if it’s just problems caused by having the two options, as opposed to problems caused by the skin itself.

there is one other problem i think dunph mentioned about a tab that stays open constantly at the top, have tried a few things to get rid of it to no avail.

Shit, what tab is it? Didn’t notice Dunph’s post.

Good point. I have had this problem for days. Can’t get the thing down. It’s the one Rocko that says:

My Profile
My Settings

etc

with this skin only part of it is showing up but its the
settings/ profile/ help tab

My problem is Ive switched to Basic green but cant change back to Old green now which i preferred.

see post nr 31

When did this start happening lads?

Mondayish… when the chat bar was installed or
Thursdayish… when we had the new front page

or a different time entirely?

Yeah as Fist of Fury said I’ve just disabled it temporarily.

whatever day the fantastic hunnish blue disappeared