Sport Books

Brian Moores book is a great read

Brendan Cummins book is decent.

Didn’t think I would enjoy it but it’s okay. You can tell from it that he has that only child chip on his shoulder. Massively driven man all the same.

Any dealings I’ve had with him were always good, an alright sort really.

1 Like

Ya he’s definitely a decent sort. Would have enjoyed it more if he named some of the players he was talking about when he went into anecdotes but you can understand why he didn’t

He’s an extremely driven individual. I’ve heard him on speaking circuits and he speaks exceptionally well.
In saying all of the above, some lads within his club would argue that he didn’t give a toss about them until Semi Finals or Finals.

He was asking to play out field early last season, that’s okay but when it meant an injured outfield player had to step in between the sticks it didn’t look good.

560 pages. The original club history went up to 1976, they’ve reprinted that and updated it to 2015.

3 Likes

It’s a few years old, but over Christmas I read Duncan Hamilton’s account of his time as a young local journalist covering Forest during the Clough era. Provided You Don’t Kiss Me it is called. Very enjoyable read.

1 Like

finished Brian Moore’s book recently, very good read, I used to hate him, but he’s actually an alright sort

Currently reading ‘The Game’ by former Montreal Canadiens goalie Ken Dryden. Plenty of hockey talk but his analysis of team personalities and dynamics is outstanding. Considered by many in North America to be one of the best sports books ever according to reviews.

1 Like

Just about to get stuck into this:

1 Like

How awful for you.

1 Like

Why would it be awful, @Fitzy?

Big Sam is a very interesting man. It will be a great read I’d say

3 Likes

Because it’s about Sam Allardyce and it’s supposedly written (in very short sentences using very short words I’d imagine) by Sam Allardyce. It has the endorsement of Alex Ferguson, who thinks the big thick shite is a great “character”. It’s the kind of book the english equivalent of a roaring roaster would read (slowly, with his finger tracing every line). I’m sure it’s full of Big Sam’s (any person who goes by the moniker of “Big” is generally acknowledged as being an utter thickshit dipstick) controversial opinions and some outrageous, if not salacious, stories, with a soupcon of xenophobia thrown in for good measure (there’s a target audience here). No doubt England would have won the WC if he had been appointed (anointed?).
In short, a christmas present you give to a moron.
Someone knows you well.

4 Likes

+1

He seems like a really good guy too.

1 Like

Big Sam is a great manager, himself Pardew and Pulis are the best managers over the last 20 years from England in the PL.

2 Likes

You haven’t a clue what you are talking about here. He’s often on the radio here and is very articulate and offers very insightful views from a managers perspective.

3 Likes

Fitzy believing everything he reads from the tabloids. I’d say Sam would have some great yarns to tell. His work at Bolton was revolutionary.

3 Likes

No Tassotti, he’s not articulate or insightful. He’s a neanderthal moron, a loudmouth who appeals to the baser instincts of simple people.

2 Likes

1 Like

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_33dbv50f20