Sport Books

Oh Lord, sylvies is nearly as bad as codys, and that’s saying something

2 Likes

Liam Hayes shouldn’t be allowed near a sports book again after that rubbish. It was an abysmal effort, that was only somewhat rescued because of the subject matter. True Grit? More like Pure Shit. Sylvie is a legend, and deserved better than that.

1 Like

I gave up on it to be honest, it was fair bad,
Great picture from the book here of Sylvie at a graduation, not sure if it’s roaster or not to be honest.

4 Likes

Really? I would have thought that was fairly self-evident.

1 Like

Almost anti roaster

Only Sylvie could pull that off.

That’s the Roaster on Holidays look he’s gone for there.

1 Like

You can be guaranteed, only a ballsy guy would say something about it to his face.

5 Likes

That is a simply outstanding shirt. I feel like I’ve been looking for that shirt all my life.

2 Likes

I was a year behind Sylvies son Shane who is in that photo. One of the hardest madest bastards you could hope to meet. He had some great battles on the streets of Gort with the Donovan brothers in our teenage years.

3 Likes

He was / is in London with years

1 Like

Turns out Kieran Donaghy is one of those English football club supporting gimps who adopt the xenophobic persona of your average UKIP voter to fit in with the native support. Can picture him in Munich putting on a cockney accent and chanting away about the German bombers and the RAF. What a dick.

3 Likes

Has he written a book? I couldn’t think of anything I’d like to read less.

1 Like

Potential sports book of the year according to FOTF Paul Kimmage

Kieran Shannon wrote it with him who has a decent track record

As opposed to a paddy singing “republican” songs in a jocko accent. Most soccer fans are jingoistic thugs with brains the size of peas .

Duignan tells fantastic yarns to be fair to him. My favorite is when the Offaly team of the 90s used to go on their team holidays. I think they went to Thailand this one year but John Troy didnt like it at all, he couldn’t handle the heat for one and secondly hated the food. He used to surface only when they sun went down in the evenings and wear all black, “like a vampire” as Duignan explained. A few of them found a pub then that had carvery type fare and Troy was delighted with this. He used to duck out during the day avoiding the sun as best as possible and head to this carvery place, happy out with his plate of mash and gravy.

6 Likes

That weirdo Paul Kimmage had a massive smackdown of a tweet to that weirdo Derval O’Rourke earlier.

She tweeted her dissatisfaction at the long list for sport book of the year being 20 books by male authors about male sportspeople.

He replied: “It’s not a cookery contest. Try writing a sports book.”

Oooft.

15 Likes

Derval O’Rourke

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_BpGqIC3hwk

1 Like

Meeow