Sport Books

I was wondering why she was seething, never saw Kimmages tweet. Turns out no female sports book was even submitted according to one of the judges :laughing:

Didn’t know there was any.

The lesbians surely have a few

Derval is an alright sort.

He’s a right little prick.

:smile:

Imagine the frown as she seethed on the couch

8 Likes

The worst TV I have sat through in the past few years was Dervla on Brendan O’Connor’s show plugging her first book. She showed the portly ape how to make a curry out of leftover turkey. It was a pathetic recipe, but still somehow managed to eclipse the other two boring bastards.

1 Like

I have herself and David Gillicks books here in the shelf in front of me. One of them is battered and well used, the other sits there looking pretty. You can work it out.

You sick bastard, taking Dervla’s book into the jacks with you.

3 Likes

A lot of Wimmins grievances are silly when examined .

Serious forehead there

1 Like

She’d cut you to shreds in 2 minutes I’d say

Enjoying Kens book here. Lovely evocative tale of a childhood in a post industrial town.

3 Likes

A grandson gave me Kieran Donaghy’s book for my birthday. A crock of fucking shit.
It seemed to me that he (Donaghy) scrambled a few thoughts of his lifetime of sporting activities together - fucked them into the air and the book ran from whichever page gotten picked up first.

Seriously lads it was fucking dire. The anecdotal witticisms were as flat as cow-shites on an April morning.

This tome is “written” in conjunction with a certain Kieran Shannon whomever he may be. Should he hold an NUJ card it should be revoked immediately. Dire stuff.

4 Likes

The vast majority of sporting autobiographies are utter scutter .

GAA ones yeah.

Not just GAA tbf. I’d say 90% of all sports autobiographies are shite

2 Likes

GAA ones are awful but GAA are no more guilty in this regard .

1 Like

Kenhad some run of it from about 2010 on. Diagnosed with sarcoidosis, brain haemorrhage, heart disease, failed business and having to stick that cunt Davy Fitz.

3 Likes

Does he mention his cowardly stroke on Gerry Quinn in 2002 in it?