Sport Books

He does. He goes into great detail on it. About how Quinn raked his back with his Hurley, he told him not to do it again then he did it again and he flailed him. Said if you are going to be that kind of player you have to take the rough with the smooth. Said he was pleased to see Quinn back for the final all the same.

In fairness to him he never mentioned all of the letters he got from Quinn’s mother.

8 Likes

I heard it’s an awful pile of shite alright. Somewhere in between the harmless and inoffensive traditional GAA autobiography (like Ken McGrath’s) and the new age “shock to sell” formula (like Cathal McCarron’s).

Anybody that reads an autobiography of a gaa player deserves to be horse whipped to death.

5 Likes

Canavan and Harte brought out one each after the win in 2003,they were trying to flog them in the breffni pub in queens on night I was there.Canavans “book” was pure scutter,just a load of pictures from during the year with a sentence or two underneath.“Here I am winning a free again Donegal”.“Here I am kicking a point again Armagh”.The northie bucks ate them up all the same.The states is a great spot to flog shite like that.

2 Likes

That particularly irked the Kerry bai’s. “Win one fuckin All Ireland, and the cunts are writing bukes tell us all how to win them, Nordie pricks” was the general spirit of response when you raised it. Tremendous.

5 Likes

I was only thinking back there earlier on this I remember my grand father got me possibly brian corcrans autobiography about ten years ago for christmas. I was only 10 or 11 at the time but I remember he tried his best to make out how professional they were and they’d taken things to the next level. One of his examples of this was timmy mccarthy not getting a fucking 99 cone after training in fucking january :smile: This was one of the big sacrifices to take cork to the next level :smiley: I wonder will there be a follow up book about how KK sent them home with tea in their cups for the next ten years.

1 Like

Please give him his correct title, ‘the much maligned Timmy McCarthy’

2 Likes

Unfairly criticized was Ken McGraths summing up.

“Multiple All Ireland Winner”, Timmy McCarthy.

1 Like

Banterous evening here in Dohenys at Kens Dublin book launch.

1 Like

Is that your reflection in the mirror behind Paul?

13 Likes

I must say they all look thrilled to see you.

1 Like

Introduce yourself to Caul as Rocko from TFk

2 Likes

:smile:

:+1:

1 Like

Probably shocked when they saw the hat.

1 Like

1 Like

5 Likes

Heffernan really does come across as a loathsome character.

Arrived during the week. Should be a good one

3 Likes