Sport Books

To be honest with you I was disappointed in Prisoners of Geography and Flags worth dying for but I just put it there so people might think I’m smart and well read.

3 Likes

false.

I haven’t been able to read since the thesis… It just knocked it out of me. But I got a present of a kindle a while back and said I better use it…anyway read Moby’s autobiography in 3 days and I’m half way through ‘I heard you paint houses’ both recommended on here… Reading is great, glad to be back.

1 Like

Christ

6 Likes

Eamonn Magee’s book is excellent, the Belfast boxer.

And that’s why he’s not posting here.

2 Likes

For anyone interested in coaching or just high performance sport in general Ben Ryan has an excellent book out called sevens heaven. Follows his move to Fiji to take over their sevens program with goal of winning Olympic gold.

Top notch stuff.

4 Likes

This is a book I began last night, going by the first 30 pages I’d say it’s fantastic.

Lolzer

1 Like

:smile:

1 Like

Anything on tag rugby ??

Not a sport

I hope I don’t spoil it for you or anybody else but I just googled it and… THEY WON :open_mouth:

:joy:

It was the first time I took any notice of the sevens really. Was great stuff. Didnt realise what a shithole fiji was until i read the book really

I spent a fantastic week or so in Mana Island back in 05, grand spot.

1 Like

Anybody start on Paul Rouse’s book ‘The Hurlers’?

No

No

He is a bit of a mouthpiece but I am enjoying Mike Lombardi’s book “Gridiron Genius”.

Great yarns and insight into the likes of Al Davis and Bill Walsh. An easy read.

1 Like

Had a flick through it in Easons.

Will write to Santa for it.