Spotify

Jaysus this thing is the cats pyjamas. Ok AC/DC, Metallica and Rammstein are still in dispute with it, but it has almost everything else you could imagine for a tenner a month.

I heard Donal Dineen play a Charles Mingus song called Big Alice on his radio show maybe a decade ago. I was really taken by it but despite searching record shops high up and low down and then iTunes and YouTube I never heard tell of it again. I was beginning to think I must have been mistaken. Anyway there I was on Spotify in the bed on Sunday morning just after listening to the Westside Story soundtrack and I typed in Big Alice and sure enough there it was and it was as good a song as I remembered it all those years ago.

Curiously it doesn’t have one of my favourite George Clinton songs, Follow the Leader which is on the copy I have of Dope Dogs, but this is Because this track is only on a very few versions of that album, and they don’t seem to have his 1993 album Hey man smell my finger, which I very much like, but which seems to have disappeared without trace… There might be a contractual issue about that one.

0 Likes

+1

There are a few artists where the full back catalogue is missing, Bruce, The Beatles and Oasis.

Have you gone for the premium option for mobile?

0 Likes

I have.

0 Likes

But why would I pay a tenner a month for something I can get for free?

0 Likes

I don’t know Sidney, why would you?

0 Likes

I don’t know Sidney, why would you?

0 Likes

I have been using Deezer, which is kinda the same thing I think… They give you a 2 week trial as opposed to Spotifys 3 days.

0 Likes

Spotify is not available in Poland. I tried it get into it from the UK or Ireland using my Overplay proxy but I still got bounced out. Must take another look at it.

0 Likes

sound like a brand of sheep dip

0 Likes

Balbec, How do you find Overplay? I signed up to it during the summer to watch some of the GAA games and it’s also handy for Rabodirect games. However, I find that it can very patchy and slow leading to a bumpy stream of games. To be honest, this has happened so often that I was thinking of cancelling the subscription.

0 Likes

Did it myself also. Nice having it on the phone and not jumping from mediocre radio station to mediocre radio station.

0 Likes

The RTE stream for games can be shite but BBC etc are grand.

0 Likes

I got it working Fagan. The absolute dogs bollocks. Don’t mind paying a few quid for this.

0 Likes

Please answer the question, Sidney!

0 Likes

Wahey!

0 Likes

I informed the forum about how great this was and I even alerted the forum to its release in Ireland, nobody seemed to care at the time.

0 Likes

Let Fagan have his moment please. You’re a well groomed professional with a mediterranesn complexion, that should be enough for you.

0 Likes

Thanks pal, that was a very nice thing to say.

0 Likes

Just telling it as it is.

0 Likes

I think you’ll find I asked the question.

0 Likes