St Johnstone v Celtic

Boerrigter looks really awkward running with the ball.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5uKbZX3t3PE

Berget for Commons who has put a great shift in tonight - probably the hardest I’ve seen him work in a match.

Virgil nearly concedes a penalty. Would have been harsh but could easily have been given. Situation created by Izaguirre’s inability to clear his lines.

Andy Walker: “certainly clipped”

Fuck off ya clown.

Nice hit from Boerrigter.

Berget looks like a cunt, looks extremely lazy and uninterested.

Was going to post the exact opposite. I think he’s looked lively enough tonight.

Bitton with the pen…

Harsh penalty.

NIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!

Very surprised he’s our penalty taker.

Wasn’t an awful lot of contact on Boerrigter. Think it was a stronger claim than the Virgil incident which was a bit orchestrated and Virgil had his back turned. But still fortunate enough.

presume Effie Ambrome is composed keeping the St.Johnstone horde at bay?

On the bench.

i wouldnt say Biton’s twitter feed would go down too well with the pro Gaza lads… thank fuck it in hebrew

McGregor seals the win. Another goal that probably should have been laid off.

McGregor 3-0. Howler from Mannus.

What’s the verdict, bhoys?

Decent display overall considering it is early days yet.

Positives:
[LIST]
[]Seemed to be a very good work ethic up front, lots of pressing and movement up front
[
]Commons in particular was all over the place winning balls back and harrassing the opposition
[]McGregor is lively and gets into lots of good scoring positions
[
]Izzy was very good going forward
[]Bitton had a great game and made a few nice bursts forward
[
]Gordon had a solid outing
[]Seems to be lots of competition for places in attack, hopefully The Rocket will utilise this as the season progresses
[/LIST]
Negatives:
[LIST]
[
]Looked very open at the back
[]Johansen doesn’t have much of a defensive presence
[
]We’re trying to play too much through Commons and it’s very predictable
[]Stokes doesn’t look comfortable in the role he is being asked to carry out
[
]Using your last sub to take a goal scoring threat off for a midfielder against a much inferior opposition to hold on to a 1-0 lead with 20 minutes remaining worries me, we should be trying to kill the game off not hang on.
[/LIST]

Positives:
[LIST]
[]Clean sheet
[
]Gordon looked solid
[]Three goals will be good for confidence
[
]McGregor continued his good form
[]Game time for Forrest
[
]Good workrate and pressing
[/LIST]
Negatives:
[LIST]
[]Vulnerable at the back. Too open and too easily spread wide
[
]Bit fortunate with all 3 goals
[]Didn’t create many clear-cut chances outside our good luck
[
]Stokes not a factor other than his goal
[]They ghosted past Izaguirre a few times and he was horribly weak defensively
[/LIST]
Neutral:
[LIST]
[
]Bitton is tidy in possession but not assertive enough and let the ball get away from him a few times
[*]Deila far from impressed with the performance which is a change from Lennon’s praise for his team every week
[/LIST]

Just saw the goals having missed the game itself due to a longstanding prior engagement.

What do you bhoys sense from Ronny so far? I know it’s incredibly early days but you could tell straight away that, say, Mowbray was going to be a disaster and Lennon had some steel about him. Can Ronny create a good side? Does he have it in him?

He didn’t dress up the limitations in his post-game interview. He also challenged Forrest to do more.

[QUOTE=“Bartosz Bereszynskiego, post: 999917, member: 9”]Just saw the goals having missed the game itself due to a longstanding prior engagement.

What do you bhoys sense from Ronny so far? I know it’s incredibly early days but you could tell straight away that, say, Mowbray was going to be a disaster and Lennon had some steel about him. Can Ronny create a good side? Does he have it in him?

He didn’t dress up the limitations in his post-game interview. He also challenged Forrest to do more.[/QUOTE]

@Rocko[/USER] and [USER=2533]@Il Bomber Destro, please address my above post before this lunchtime’s game.

Interesting Deila interview in The Daily Telegraph today.

[QUOTE=“Bartosz Bereszynskiego, post: 999917, member: 9”]Just saw the goals having missed the game itself due to a longstanding prior engagement.

He didn’t dress up the limitations in his post-game interview. He also challenged Forrest to do more.[/QUOTE]
I thought in the very early Mowbray days there was plenty to be encouraged about. And Lennon was a bit hit and miss at the start (and remained that way I guess).

I like the fact we have a definitive system. We should be easily capable of implementing it in Scotland, in playing good attacking football at home and then once we’ve built up that understanding it will transfer better to Europe. The fact we can’t seem to switch to a different formation for consolidation or outright defending is a concern. Whether it’s the loss of Mjallby or Lennon or just Deila not having much of an expertise there, we’ve been dreadful defensively. Some awful individual performances but it’s the manager’s job to ensure he doesn’t keep getting awful individual performances.

I still think he’s refreshing enough and different enough that I retain some optimism. But trying to build a passing, quick, attacking team with the current group of players would be an immense struggle.