St Mirren v Celtic

Good play from Brown there but a poor cross from Cha.

Slack defending from us at the corner there.

Strange, low key start with Cha wasting 3 good crossing opportunities and Forster making a smart save. Great effort from Hooper and nearly a bizarre own goal from them from the resulting corner. Need to step up the tempo here.

Wonderful effort from Hooper.

Ki has started off very well I must say, showing for the ball well and intelligently switching the play.

Ledley should have pulled that back to Forrest I feel.

Hooper’s touch has been superb so far. Looking very lively indeed.

A case in point about Cha’s pace there, he’s never able to beat the final man.

Forrest has struggled to get in the game from the left wing position.

Fucking Cha. :rolleyes:

He’s now moved to the right with Brown moving inside and Ki going left.

I think Ki has been a good influence in the middle of the park. I’d like to see Samaras peel wide with Brown playing off Hooper, Ki in his deeper midfield position and Forrest on the right.

Rogne’s distribution is embarrassing.

This has been very poor so far, Lennon has got it tactically wrong. The shape of the team is imbalanced - Samaras and Forrest have had no impact. Cha has wasted any decent position he has got into.

A dreadful, dreadful display.

[quote=“Mr. Totti, post: 653640”]I think Ki has been a good influence in the middle of the park. I’d like to see Samaras peel wide with Brown playing off Hooper, Ki in his deeper midfield position and Forrest on the right.
[/quote]

We’ve gone that way for the last little while and there hasn’t been a great deal of improvement yet. Although Forrest’s now had two good pieces of play down the right in succession. Hooper’s control and lay offs continue to be excellent.

Here Cha, fuck off.

That’s been terrible. Only for Forrest coming into the game in the last few minutes we have offered nothing.

Cha has been beyond woeful, midfield are doing ok but our attacking shape is poor. Matthews should replace Cha here at HT. Samaras looks like he is reverting to his old self

Yeah, that’s been poor and we need to step up the tempo and move the ball around quicker. I’d give Celtic a bit of leeway because the wind’s blowing the ball around but playing into it in the second half should allow for better control of the ball.

I rate Danny Lennon as a manager and they’re well organised and a decent side. Interesting that they defended very deeply in the first 20 minutes and were very much set up not to concede having lost early goals to us in both previous games this season. They moved up the park since then and pressed us much higher and it’s been an even enough game.

There’s been a few below par performances from Celtic players. Cha’s just incredibly wasteful pretty much every time he gets on the ball and that’s killed us because they’re playing narrowly and he’s the out ball nearly all the time. Sammy needs to shake himself too. Brown and Hooper have been pretty good, I reckon, and Forrest has belatedly been brought into the game since moving to the right. But everyone can improve and we need to keep getting the ball to Forrest on the right in the second half and use that clown Cha as a decoy.

Bright enough start I thought but went to sleep for half an hour or so. Forrest finally got involved towards the end of the half but Sammy hasn’t contributed anything. I think he’d better on the flank. Encouraging how sharp Hooper has looked and I think we need to get Stokes alongside him to capitalise on that sooner rather than later.