St Patrick's and St. Brigid's day

By God but you’re right, I got hit with a cue ball now that I think of it.
I mistakenly thought they were golf balls. Dennis regaled us with a raft of trick shots on the pool table and everything was going great until the Burkes arrived. Katie Taylor hit the mother a clatter and mayhem ensued.

Imagine getting a dewk from that :face_with_peeking_eye:

:face_with_peeking_eye::face_with_peeking_eye::face_with_peeking_eye::+1:

There was a good explanation for the Côte d’Ivoire flag. Not sure what message is being sent now.

An upside down flag is a signal of distress. Must be after the hurling at the weekend

3 Likes

:clap::clap::muscle::muscle::muscle:

https://www.rte.ie/news/leinster/2024/0128/1429015-brigid-kildare-relics/

1 Like

That’s fantastic

There’s a piece of the original cross (supposedly) in the church in Mahon (Cork), I’d say they’re all over the place.
What would be the validity of such a claim, same question for Brigid’s skull

1 Like

Never heard of that
And I pass it on the way to and from St Michael’s weekly
Pilgrimage as you know was a money earner for the medieval church on
So who knows,
But as long as it gives hope or peace to ppl suffering what harm,
But unfortunately ref St Cuthbert etc etc the wealthy were treated better as in their hopes n prayers petitions etc were placed nearer the bones etc
Thank you)
In all Dominican churches throughout the world there’s a compartment in the altar containing relic bones etc,

800 years in Cork pretty soon( Dominicas)

Salve Regina performed once a week in Cork city throughout all those years

Mahon is the Holy Cross parish

1 Like

Only in once
Lovely church
Kinda reminiscent of a ships hull ( suppose it’s intentional- history of Blackrock fishermen and the fisher of men etc )

Relics were big business, I’d say the provenance of a lot of them would be fairly dubious.

3 Likes

100 pc
But whether it’s a piece of bone etc or not
Doesn’t matter

All about simple faith- nothing else

You’re being kind with ‘fairly’. The Catholic Church have been mugging off their flock for centuries

Faith is easy to con

Funny story, I met a fella at Shannon Airport once and he was selling skulls of famous Irish people…

2 Likes

I had a fella try sell me some of John Leahys pint glass once

No feckin way?