Stage Dublinness -a Roy 🐐 Curtis education

Well you’ll find that fella up in the joy …

Who is it?

He’s a ringer for the Monk

1 Like

Some lad on the comments section fairly adamant it isn’t the Monk but he’s the head of him

I used to live next door to the Viper’s girlfriend.

She’d call in the odd time to ask us to turn the
music down.

We’d turn it off.

4 Likes

He went out with a youngwan about 20 years younger than him for a good while from Crumlin. I can’t imagine you living in Crumlin

Lucan. We were followed by the Special Branch for a while. They’d be at top of the road. Good times.

I used to see them in nandos on Mary st - I think she worked around there

Gary Gannon, Social Democrats TD and “listen to me bleedin accent” merchant

1 Like

Fairly sure the Monk is from Buckingham Street not Sheriff St.

He was not from Sheriff Street, summerhill originallly and then family ,moved into Foley street or was it the other way around

He would have been trucking with Sheriff street lads though, the garsun in the clip is the image of him

There were terrible tenements around Summerhill in those days. Waterford Street and Tyrone Street were probably the worst. These were wiped off the map and replaced by Champions Avenue.

Chamions Avenue, the monk’s brother is domiciled there and a garda car nearby 24\7

look like decent houses actually and not too bad an estate actually, some location too!

I reckon it is him

Definitely him. Just goes to show the consequences that poverty has.

People in the replies from the area have confirmed it isn’t him, does look a lot like him alright,

There was a gang of young tearaways who terrorised female motorists who were misfortunate enough to stop at the lights at the junction of Summerhill and Gardiner Street. The Monk was one of these.

They’re all descended from British soldiers sure

3 Likes

was that the gang who used throw a mouse or a rat into the car, the woman used jump out and the boys would make off with the handbags or any valuables in the car?

Was that like an early version of water birthing?

2 Likes