Stage Dublinness -a Roy šŸ Curtis education

It is the greatest ever FA Cup Final goal.

There was a great doc done on Whiteside a good few years ago. Love the bit in Keaneā€™s book where he said Whiteside 'commanded as much respect and affection as any treble winning star".

He hasnā€™t quit the drink anyway. In the documentary he said he goes for 5/6/7 pints most days before going home for his dinner or his tea.

He has the look of a lad whoā€™d make a savage contribution to the pints thread here.
Christ but Neville Southall has put on the lbs. Heā€™s monstrous God bless him.

Theyā€™re over there by the Grand Canal at the back of Kilmainham/Inchicore where it meets Drimnagh. They merged with Liffey Gaels recently. Iā€™d have to check whether theyā€™re junior or inter now.

one of the greatest Irish sportsmen of them all

across sports he must be the greatest? who else conquered 2 sports as good

hurling\gaelic football doesnt count

1 Like

I got the feeling he played very little club GAA

Con Martin comes to mind

Inter in football, play in AFL 3 in league. In AHL 4 in hurling

Deion Sanders

1 Like

Bo Jackson

1 Like

Tony ward

Gog Delaney

Denis Compton

Mick Galway

Association football-rugby combined Gaelic football XV

Pat Jennings
Seamus Coleman
Kenny Cunningham
Stephen Staunton
Gerry McElhinney
Kevin Moran
Gavin Duffy
Darren Sweetnam
Mick Galwey
Eric Elwood
Philip Danaher
Gerry Armstrong
Niall Quinn
Damien Delaney
Martin Oā€™Neill

No Dave Barry Cork?

1 Like

Good one there actually

Iā€™d say itā€™s because he never won a League of Ireland title with Bohs. I actually think he only played a pre season game or two for them

1 Like

I think he was with them during a title winning season but by the sounds of it he mustnā€™t have played often enough to get a medal so. A quick google suggests he only played one league game.

1 Like

Flip me a ridiculous legend. Swashbuckling style, hardy cunt but no badness, fans favourite, great man for pints, seems almost universally liked. He even played for united when they were the lovable loser good guys. Played in Spain. Would have liked to have heard a bit more about his childhood and what he does now. An agent?

Roy wasnā€™t invited to this cathedral to sip pints with Moran, hanahoe, keaveney & doherty. Canā€™t sit well with him.

1 Like

Iā€™d say the producers were keen to give the lads a chance to actually talk.

7 Likes