Stage Dublinness -a Roy šŸ Curtis education

Has Damo got a mention here yet?

Sid , why was Anton O Tooole known as ā€œthe pantherā€ ?

Joe Duffy is another one

I presume it was because it was a play on the Pink Panther and because he was a lithe, sleek, sexy, aerodynamic killer?

You donā€™t get many players nicknamed after cartoon characters these days.

Jacko McCaffrey should be Roadrunner.

1 Like

I just about remember the massive buzz that surrounded Aslan and this song in the spring of 1987. I have the epicentre of it narrowed down to the day Dublin beat Kerry in the League final at Croke Park and Rovers were knocking lackery out of Dundalk up the road in the Cup final at Dalyer. There was a beautiful moment on the Whitworth Road after those matches as a large group of Dublin supporters ahead of me were walking up the Whitworth and a large group of Rovers supporters were walking down it, and both saluted each other in victory. Heady days.

4 Likes

To contribute on this thread you must have all four grandparents born inside the canals.

Do you know the five lamps?

3 Likes

Would you not think each sides predilection for heroin might contributed more to that exhibition of esprit de Corps you witnessed?

1 Like

There was no needle, which was great.

Ah yes, they were chasing the dragon, I see.

Thatā€™s some song in fairnessā€¦the opening verse

This is just magic.

4 Likes

This thread could be seamlessly merged with the faces youā€™d like to smack thread.
FAO of @Rocko

1 Like

A good pal of mine. Nicest guy youā€™d meet.

When they went to Oscars for it they got out of limo and paparazzi all lined up turned and walked away ā€œAh itā€™s nobody ā€œ :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Who? The lad that found the tapes?

The Brown bags guy. Well one of them.

Ballyfermot had a great Oscar nomination/win rate

These are a good laugh, similar genre

Wonder what become of the boy around 40 secs in ā€¦

2 Likes

Always think would be a good idea for a TV doc to try to find people interviewed in these type of old rte shows and see where they are now how their lives turned out etc.

1 Like