Suicide

The same lads back in the 1940ā€™s and 1950ā€™s would have objected to electrification

1 Like

No offence mate, you really havenā€™t a clue. Computers are wonderful in many ways, children have access to a world of supervised technology in schools. Left to their own devices in their bedrooms the phone is quite dangerous, try speaking to somebody who is frantic with worry about their ten year old being bullied online, or the lovely parent of a child doing the bullying,
You can laugh but youā€™re terribly ignorant on this subject.

1 Like

If you get the statistics in 20 years time on those kids I would say a tiny percent will have problems.

Thereā€™s a lot of scaremongering going on. Wonā€™t someone think of the - eh - children.

That reads like using a sledgehammer to crack a nut to me. Is your pal a bit of serious type?

1 Like

Heā€™s a national school teacher I thought that should explain all. Iā€™m not sure Iā€™d describe the bullying and suicide rate amongst young lads as a ā€˜nutā€™ all the same.

How does being a national school teacher explain all? The sledgehammer / nut analogy might not fit - fair enough - but I think he may be conflating things himself. Is there any research to suggest that banning nicknames in clubs reduces suicide rates of members?

Pokemon Go. Good or bad?

My brother in lawā€™s husband plays it. Draw your own conclusions

5 Likes

Very much agree with this. [quote=ā€œfarmerinthecity, post:1608, topic:6453, full:trueā€]
If you get the statistics in 20 years time on those kids I would say a tiny percent will have problems.

Thereā€™s a lot of scaremongering going on. Wonā€™t someone think of the - eh - children.
[/quote]

1 Like

Listen pal when the only worry you have about the youth is a bit of knock a dolly on an elderly mans door itā€™s obvious youā€™re not living in the real world, you carry on telling yourself you have a handle on this.

Ya mate, I alluded to that earlier, it is a very popular thing, the rubbing of skin till it leaves a stigmata type mark on the front of the hand is huge, youā€™ll see loads of it around in the early teens, girls as much as boys,
Obviously itā€™s not clever but thereā€™s so much vulnerable teens who will do anything to fit in, itā€™s frightening really.

It is so fucked up

did brendan patrick oā€™donnell contact the devil using a smartphone ?
No he fucking didnt

1 Like

Yes pal. You are clearly the forum authority on rearing kids.

2 Likes

he was some madman that fella,
he gave the judge fierce lip in the court
you dont get decent madmen like him anymore @Tassotti
he came out with this

"I shot them all. I canā€™t talk about it. I donā€™t want to think about it. I must be evil . . . I will spend the rest of my life in jail. I donā€™t give a fuck. I can do my time. I will go to Dundrum.

I wouldnā€™t take marriage guidance from a priest.

1 Like

Whatever happened to him?

im sure he killed himself the poor old fella
jesus that was a brilliant case, pure mad stuff, interviews an all in a garda station with no tape recorder, just a fella jotting notes
the cops apparantly sat on him in the cell and hit him with a hammer covering him with a mattress,
its a mad case altogther, real old irish crime
heā€™s up there with malcolm macarthur as my favourite irish madman