Summer Transfer Window 2017

I am a bit surprised Chelsea going for Oxlade-Chamberlain, he hasnā€™t really set the world alight since moving to Arsenal.

I think they have a need to buy English players due to the home grown rule. Chamberlain has bags of pace and a good engine as well as being versatile so he should be able to provide some competition for Moses.

Think Chelsea need another central midfield, cover for Alonso and another attacker before the window closes. Theyā€™re being linked with plenty of English lads like Drinkwater, Vardy and Barkley at the minute.

Heā€™s an unremarkable performer. 35m is a good few for him.

1 Like

Heā€™s scored 9 goals in 130 games for Arsenal. Arsenal have done well getting that much for him, he was out of contract too at the end of the season.

Liverpool had a lucky escape there.

2 Likes

If Chelsea are paying 35m for Chamberlain with a year left on his contract, thatā€™s about as ridiculous of a transfer fee as Iā€™ve seen all summer.

2 Likes

They were raving about Ox on ā€˜goals on Sundayā€™ I really canā€™t see the hype

138m dude canā€™t do a few keepie uppies
https://mobile.twitter.com/BetBright/status/902171565328097281

The mind boggles

Itā€™s madness gone mad. As was said yesterday, Ox has scored 9 goals in 130 games.

Is he an attacking midfielder? I cant even be sure to be honest. Presume he fills one of these homegrown player berths in the squad. Either way, Spurs are in the shits if they donā€™t start paying these players.

As far as i can make out heā€™s a bit-part winger at Arsenal who has illusions about being a central midfielder.

Sounds not unlike Victor Moses.

1 Like

Arsenal in for Jonny Evans now :grinning:

Excellent player.

Drinkwater has handed in his transfer request. Chelsea calling.

Spurs pay their players very well. The elite coterie of super franchises with their limitless resources/dodgy accounting operate in a parallel universe.

A salary cap system is long overdue.

1 Like

Spurs players are akin to indentured slaves. Open the purse strings shylock.

Spurs have the 6th highest payroll in the EPL. Where does that leave the other 14 EPL clubs in the slavery stakes?

We have an Ā£800 million stadium to finance as well.