Summer Transfer Window 2017

Thought Conte was too classy for that

Thatā€™s Adam Johnson shit from Liverpool right there.

1 Like

Maybe he sent it on Facebook messenger or whatsapp instead?

I think your mixing up tapping up and tap in

Costa has scored 58 goals in 120 matches for Chelsea.

Heā€™s a class act but has a drop of the tinker in him I suspect.

1 Like

Liverpool should buy him. They need a bit of dog in them.

They did. And the kid got totally fucked over.

These American boyos running Liverpool are clueless at times. Theyā€™ve made a fella - Mike Edwards - the head honcho at the club from a business side of things. He wonā€™t do interviews and seems pretty elusive but someone in the club has been briefing journalists (the likes of Paul Joyce at the Times) as to who their transfer targets are. Joyce and the Echo had the VdV story (that he wanted to join Liverpool) at exactly the same time. The club should have kept their powder dry, unless they felt that leaking that would have put pressure on southampton to sell. A bad move.

Despite the fact that VdV had clearly spoke to three other clubs - reports suggest Arsenal offered him the same package as Liverpool - Southampton canā€™t be seen to be a selling club all the time and rightly dug their heels in. All EPL clubs are involved in tapping up players, but Liverpoolā€™s problem was that they were so fucking obvious about it. And then, they went off with their tails between their legs and apologised. I donā€™t think too many clubs would do that, but Iā€™d say the trouble they are already in over their youth recruitment might have forced their hand.

As a tweet I saw last night said, this is their worst trip to Blackpool since they signed Charlie Adam

3 Likes

Has it not been fairly well reported for weeks that Costa wanted out of Chelsea with a move back to Atletico his preference, before their transfer ban was given.

Iā€™d say that after the China story the time Conte dropped him it was game over for him at Chelsea.

Great management by Conte, placate him when he causes trouble mid season, win the league and then turf the cunt out.

Conte doing a Michael Corleone here, acting as if was all forgotten and forgiven before ruthlessly actioning revenge when the timing was right.

7 Likes

They didnā€™t if you read the story.

Donā€™t even take sides against the family Diego.

Andre Silva to Milan ā‚¬38m

I know it was you Diego. You broke my heart

2 Likes

Sunderland have accepted a Ā£30 million bid from Everton for goalkeeper Jordan Pickford.

No, seriously, they have.

I fucking bet they have

Thatā€™s the equiv of 5M only 5 years ago. - Best to forget about money when discussing transfers these days.

1 Like

31 premier league appearances in which he kept 4 (four) clean sheets. Basically one season. Now obviously he was behind absolute shite so you couldnā€™t judge him on that and he looked decent enough anytime I saw him. But it has a bit of a whiff of the Richard Wrights/Chris Kirkland/Rob Greens etc, etc.