Summer Transfer Window 2021

Liverpool net spend 180m over the last 4 years. How are they doing that?

I make it

They had a £7m profit in 18/19
Around £70m net spend in 19/20
Around £45m net spend last season

So about £110m net spend in the past 3 seasons.

the champions league they just got to the final of?

Were Liverpool the 1970’s and 1980’s spending equivalent of Manchester City like was being suggested above? The stats I’ve found certainly would suggest not.

You may need to use a different calculator.

Liverpools is 180m over the 4 years. How? If you go back in the same timeframe City made a nice profit in 18/19 from sales. so it would take them below Liverpool in the last 4 years?

WOW

It’s amazing to watch a narrative fall apart in front of your face

The organisation that introduced FFP rules decided Man City had breached the rules and banned them.

The appeal was not overturned by UEFA.

the same organisation allowed them play again when a court of law decided the rules were unfairly applied in this case.

It’s simple really

The more pertinent question really is were Liverpool in the 1970’s and 1980’s owned by a human rights abusing, murdering autocratic state?

It’s amusing how the press more or less turns a blind eye to all that now. Instead they direct their fire at the likes of Tottenham Hotspur, the big bad wolves because they are playing hardball in selling Harry Kane (who has three years of his contract still to run) but apparently desperately needs a few medals dipped in Abu Dhabi oil/blood money.

Yep, UEFA lack the financial clout to take on the sugar daddies.

Mike?

In terms of the value of their starting teams

Liverpool

Alisson - £65m
TAA - free
VVD - £75m
Konate £40m
Robertson £8m
Henderson £25m
Fabinho - £40m
Keita - £50m
Salah - £40m
Firminho - £30m
Mane - £35m

Total: £408m

Ederson - £35m
Walker - £50m
Dias - £62m
Stones - £50m
Zinchenko £2m
Fernandinho £30m
Gudongan - £20m
De Bruyne £65m
Mahrez £60m
Jesus £30m
Foden free

Total £404m

2 Likes

It’s gas the Liverpool fans using a table of facts with “THE SUN” plastered all over it as a proof mechanism.

It’s actually embarrassing. Real Liverpool fans would get sick I’d say

The facts don’t suit the Liverpool fans.

Gas cunts

The mighty Liverpool FC generate money from TV deals, prize money from winning trophies, and selling merchandise to loyal fans. Manchester United also generate money via legitimate means thanks to the savvy Glazers. City and Chelsea exploit the natural resources of sovereign states.

The US Sun would be a separate entity from the UK one I’d imagine.

Liverpool have spend more net than Man City since 18/19 - WOW, just WOW.

£18 million