Summer Transfer Window 2021

Wenger was exposed once that good back four moved on and he didnā€™t have dibs on players from the French market.

Decent manager but from about 08 onwards Arsenal were largely irrelevance under him.

1 Like

He went a league season unbeaten with an entirely new back four, none of whom were signed from France.

4 Likes

Thatā€™s the defence Iā€™m talking about.

1 Like

So he was gifted one defense which he moulded into a star unit, created a whole new one, with a midfielder at full back, and you, you little scrote, is giving him shit?

Gas Cunt

Well in fairness I donā€™t know remember much before 03 I was young.

Ya I think he is vastly overrated. Bit by bit Arsenal turned into a club happy to finish top four.

Thatā€™s fair

Neither do I in fairness. Especially the Acid House years.

3 Likes

He won 3 fa cups after 08 and had them in the champions league every year until near the end. Plus he managed to get them in a new stadium debt free by not spending any money on players.

A true great

2 Likes

All the while playing some of the best football ever seen in England. The oil money coming into the game spoiled his plans.

Nobody cares about the fa cup and finishing in the top four is a complete nonsense barometer of nothing.

Heā€™d a competitive team who were judged by winning titles. For a finish he was happy with a top four finish.

He lost his edge.

1 Like

He changed top flight football in England fundamentally.

1 Like

Iā€™m sure Arsenal would bite your hand off for a cup and a top four finish now.

Yes by convincing people that finishing in the top four was a success.

You arenā€™t going to wind anyone up over Arsene Wenger son

Footix alert

ā€œDebt freeā€

1 Like

Getting players to stop drinking pints every day of the week and to start eating pasta was probably the biggest breakthrough in English soccer since the abolition of the maximum wage in 1961.

1 Like

@Fulvio_From_Aughnacloy whatā€™s your take on Joaquin Correa.

Very good player. Could need a specific tactical setup though to get the best out of him. Needs to play off a striker.

Iā€™d compare him to Kaka in his style.

It was hardly rocket science but itā€™s mad to think it didnā€™t exist before then in any degree and them being professional footballers.

Wenger was a brilliant manager. Tailed off a bit towards the end but ultimately was one of the best managers the English league has seen.

2 Likes

Souness tried the same at Liverpool but the senior players werenā€™t having it. He couldnā€™t ban cans in the bus when his old teammates remembered him having cans in the bus himself.