Sun Holiday

yeah i only real heard of this place on my last visit to Granadaā€¦must check it outā€¦the drive to Almunecar beach from Granada city is classā€¦all the mountains on either sideā€¦

Theyā€™ve a lot of restrictions on where/how you can camp though. If itā€™s just one/two of ye itā€™s grand though. On a good clear day you can see Africa from there. Or at least, I thought I did. Did ten days trekking around there about ten years ago, was great fun.

cool

Anyone recommend family based resorts inā€¦

-Malaga
-mallorca, Palma preference

• Algarve

Experience from last 2 summers preferably.

Beside or stroll distance to beach.
Not too noisy.
Not too isolated.

@Mac

Why Spain? I suppose you donā€™t want to travel too far if young kids in tow. Is it not full of Brits there?

Nerja

Only ever been in Lanz with child. Plenty of decent family resorts around Villamoura or Alvor on Algarve. Only ever flown into Malaga but never stayed there and only experience of Mallorca was Santa Ponsa.

Look up Altea in Spain. Lovely place.

Worse still, Malaga and the Algarve are full of dubs.
Iā€™d give Alcudia a chance @HBV, itā€™s full of Germans but for a family itā€™s spot on. Everyone keeps to themselves if you pay a little extra, and some fucking German totty there ā€¦: to admire.

Know it but want something new and closer airport

I can tolerate Britainā€™s. Spain is good for me. France is too dangerous.

Know it was there without kids. Not this time.

Iā€™d still keep away from the Spanish mainland. Sure Alcudia is as near the airport as Malaga or anywhere decent in the Algarve. Iā€™ve been to the resorts in the Spanish mainland 3 times, each time I said never again. ā€¦: wouldnā€™t bring kids there.
Always enjoyed Alcudia. Different type of punter there. Nicer, refined folks.

I was in Santa ponsa about 4 years ago. Sept time. Couldnā€™t get over how it had changed since the late 90s. Iā€™m contemplating taking my kids there this August. ā€¦
Showing them where dad got busted/ high/ arrested/engaged/blown/ robbed/ sang for an audience etc.

Alcudia in Mallorca is a decent spot for families. A food few years since I was there TBH but it has fantastic beaches and isnā€™t to noisy or messy.
About 40 mins from Palma airport.

Edit: never mind. Already mentioned

The Spanish are gas cunts :joy: Theyā€™d be fucking bankrupt if it wasnā€™t for tourism.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-08-16/barcelona-tourists-hit-by-eggs-as-protests-mount-over-crowds

Iā€™m just back from a very pleasant, and hot, 10 days in barca. Saw no huevos being pegged at people

They didnā€™t attack your ranchero then?

They would indeed but what have the Spanish got to do with a story relating to unhappy Catalans mate ?

1 Like

The Catalans are Spanish mate. If they really wanted out theyā€™d be gone by now. They were happy out suckling on the Spanish teet in the good times. The Basques on the other hand are real separatists.

Problem solved for the moment Iā€™d say