Sunday Indo are Cunts Thread

I’ve always assumed Niamh Horan is a wum and very good one at that.

It’s the only logical explanation for this

[font=Verdana][size=3]The bottom line is she is doing it for herself and because of her duty as a wife to her husband.[/size][/font]

[font=Verdana][size=3] If she looks glamorous he is assured she hasn’t fallen to pieces without him and that he hasn’t given her a life of hell.[/size][/font]

[font=Verdana][size=3] She has a young husband in prison. How would he feel if she came in looking miserable every week? When she walks through the door oozing glamour, it gets him through the week and gives him something to look forward to in the confines of grim prison life.[/size][/font]

[font=Verdana][size=3] That’s what prisoners’ wives do. They look as good as they can and try not to make husbands feel worse.[/size][/font]

A great troll and a moron are largely indistinguishable.

Horan by name…

This thread, along with Ravenous has been worth registering for. Quality.

Bring back @niamhwhoran

Smashing ad for the Sindo on RTÉ there.

Apparently tomorrow they have the secret to looking young. It involves no medication and no cost and it’s gripping the world. From the pictures accompanying the ad it seems that both Miriam O’Callaghan and Joan Rivers are already in possession of this treasured tip.

Ah a thread where I will find some common ground with ye lads-an absolute joke of a newspaper. Saw that ad today-there is going to be some serious revelations in that I’d say. Journalism in it’s purest form.

Ah now there is one severe weakness in utilising the secret of youth that those girls use, if you put them too close to a radiator there is a danger that they could melt.

Jog on pal. If you’re going to wum then at least be consistent.

My dear boy. 20 odd thousand posts on THIS forum and you don’t know sarcasm when you see it. Jog on…what a shit saying.

“My dear friend” “mate” “my dear boy”…

Kid you wrote the book on shit sayings!

I was brought up in a very loving environment my friend and I like to think of everybody as my friend. It is a positive outlook that does irk some people alright but like Maggie Thatcher, I’m not for turning at this stage.

Some crazy shit here - http://faduda.ie/200-words/nothing-in-the-article-should-be-taken-to-suggest-impropriety

The Sindo have been claiming to use a market research firm called ‘Quantam Research’ to conduct the polls that they publish. There apparently have been doubts hanging over the authenticity of this company for some time, and now it appears that it doesn’t actually exist.

The Sindo have essentially been making up these polls and publishing them as genuine data collected by this non-existent polling firm. According to the article above, a ‘Quantam Research Poll’ was used as recently as a month ago in a piece attacking the Croke Park agreement.

I think those polls were always viewed as fairly dodgy and at best an internal call around from the phonebook. Sindo have been pretty cagey about methodologies.

Off topic but i thought the following article by Maeve Dineen was pretty good and she is in general a good writer.

That’s probably incorrect in fairness and potentially libellous
Regardless of whether quantum research exist or not the sindo are probably conducting a poll however the population set that the use is not a fair reflection of the overall distribution of opinions that they are seeking to analyse so the only argument that could be made is that they are publishing data even tho they already have data to show that the outcome is already biased…
Most papers are at that to be fair, Quantum research could be 2 lads ringing 15 people who work in the Sindo and using that data as a poll… and they wouldnt be wrong, however it could be argued that all they are doing is deceiving the readership, but that ultimately is impossible to prove…

It’s remarkable that the non-INM media (the little bit that’s left) have never said anything about it, because there’s surely no way that this isn’t well known amongst working journalists. The biggest selling Sunday broadsheet making up polls to support its agenda is a pretty significant story you would think. Fear of DOB runs deep.

question,
define “making up a poll”?
im not trying to defend this crowd in any way but to think that they are doing anything different to any other agenda laden national newspaper is pretty naive in fairness…

Sheldon Adelson ( israeli Las vegas tycoon and notorious republican donor) personally sponsors and finances a free daily newspaper over here in hebrew called Israel Hayom ( Israel today) that is basically a propaganda machine for Netanyahu and Likud, The “polls” that appear in it every so often are treated with the pinch of salt they deserve.but it is a poll, unfortunatly it contains only the opinions of a handfull of people living in new york and not israel, but it it what it is… a poll

the Phoenix used to always say this as did the village

they would ring up a few people on the southside that they know how they would vote and ask questions