Sunday Indo are Cunts Thread

What policies of sinn feins would you have no time for?

I don’t want to get into a deep political debate on a Sunday night - much rather focus on the Sindo being cunts angle - but to my mind just taxing the rich even more seems to be the main SF policy.

I’d be against water charges (even if the current charges are not excessive IMO) but taxes have to be raised somewhere to pay for public services. SF seem to be against water charges, property taxes and other things. How would they finance everything considering we are still losing billions every year, even with all the spending cuts and increases in USC etc?

So you’re against water charges and so are SF. Can’t understand how anyone would be dead against taxing people on single incomes of 100k plus a little bit more rather than take it from areas that really need it.
I’m not really having a go at you as such more that I constantly hear about SF having ‘mad policies’ that ‘wouldn’t work’ and would ‘break the country’. Most of what I hear from them seems fairly middle of the road. Slightly more left of centre than the others but that’s about it. It’s hardly communism they’re espousing.

[QUOTE=“Watch The Break, post: 1103576, member: 260”]Lol

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B_kuOI2W8AEp4uy.jpg[/QUOTE]
Was nice of them to give SF a break from the front page and instead hand it over to fake modesty blaise and blake

[QUOTE=“Tabby, post: 1103590, member: 2142”]So you’re against water charges and so are SF. Can’t understand how anyone would be dead against taxing people on single incomes of 100k plus a little bit more rather than take it from areas that really need it.
I’m not really having a go at you as such more that I constantly hear about SF having ‘mad policies’ that ‘wouldn’t work’ and would ‘break the country’. Most of what I hear from them seems fairly middle of the road. Slightly more left of centre than the others but that’s about it. It’s hardly communism they’re espousing.[/QUOTE]

IRA / Sinn Fein want to punish people for being successful.

SF would kneecap all the Chartered Accountants if they got in.

I don’t see much wrong with that

If some one could tell me what Sinn Feins policies are I might be able to make a decision on them.

Vague as fuck

once more yesterday i found open copies of this in various locations around North kildare
WTF are they at at this stage? as well as the comical anti shinner stuff they had 4 or 5 pages dedicated to these horrible O Donnell cunts with a headline along the lines of " we didnt know we were so rich"… it continues inside then with photos of Blaise and the knob of a son posing on a beach ( he was up late working all week and had to traipe in and out to the court dont you know) and a “ballsy” article from Brendan O Connor lamenting them with the same shit from Eilis O Hanlon.
The editorial was laughable also , it was along the lines of that SF need to beware as Labour may catch them in the polls…
for sheer entertainment and joke value alone you’d almost buy it every so often, im forming the opinion the newspaper is an entire WUM

[QUOTE=“mickee321, post: 1103644, member: 367”]once more yesterday i found open copies of this in various locations around North kildare
WTF are they at at this stage? as well as the comical anti shinner stuff they had 4 or 5 pages dedicated to these horrible O Donnell cunts with a headline along the lines of " we didnt know we were so rich"… it continues inside then with photos of Blaise and the knob of a son posing on a beach ( he was up late working all week and had to traipe in and out to the court dont you know) and a “ballsy” article from Brendan O Connor lamenting them with the same shit from Eilis O Hanlon.
The editorial was laughable also , it was along the lines of that SF need to beware as Labour may catch them in the polls…
for sheer entertainment and joke value alone you’d almost buy it every so often, im forming the opinion the newspaper is an entire WUM[/QUOTE]
It’s an irish version of The Onion at this stage,that Maria cahill yoke seems to have a column now

Colonial lickspittles like you want to punish IRA/Sinn Fein for being successful.

The Independent paper is horrendously anti Sinn Fein, to the point now that it is comical.

[QUOTE=“Tabby, post: 1103590, member: 2142”]So you’re against water charges and so are SF. Can’t understand how anyone would be dead against taxing people on single incomes of 100k plus a little bit more rather than take it from areas that really need it.
I’m not really having a go at you as such more that I constantly hear about SF having ‘mad policies’ that ‘wouldn’t work’ and would ‘break the country’. Most of what I hear from them seems fairly middle of the road. Slightly more left of centre than the others but that’s about it. It’s hardly communism they’re espousing.[/QUOTE]

What’s a little bit more - 60% marginal rate
Why 100k for a single earner
What about a married couple who make 95k each?

SF policies are anti-jobs and anti self sufficiency and seek to insulate people on benefits using the energy of other people’s efforts.

I might let my sub run out…

[QUOTE=“Julio Geordio, post: 1103641, member: 332”]If some one could tell me what Sinn Feins policies are I might be able to make a decision on them.

Vague as fuck[/QUOTE]

i would agree
im willing to give them a chance but i really also have no idea with they propose, going into power could wipe them out, they spend so much time having a go at the establishment ( which the mob love) but that type of huff and puff will only get you so far, the mob however are most fickle and if they cant produce it could be a collapse of John Gormley proportions

[QUOTE=“mickee321, post: 1103664, member: 367”]i would agree
im willing to give them a chance but i really also have no idea with they propose, going into power could wipe them out, they spend so much time having a go at the establishment ( which the mob love) but that type of huff and puff will only get you so far, the mob however are most fickle and if they cant produce it could be a collapse of John Gormley proportions[/QUOTE]

In fairness, no one has any policies, but I know FF/FG/Labour etc aren’t going to do anything to rock the boat.
The country is just starting to recover, I’d like assurances from Sinn Fein they aren’t going to do anything stupid

[QUOTE=“Julio Geordio, post: 1103641, member: 332”]If some one could tell me what Sinn Feins policies are I might be able to make a decision on them.

Vague as fuck[/QUOTE]

http://www.sinnfein.ie/files/2014/Pre-Budget_October2014.pdf

Vague as fuck[/QUOTE]
That was kind of my point though. Dodgy keeper and thousands more say their policies are crazy without even knowing what they are let alone why they’re crazy.

[QUOTE=“TheUlteriorMotive, post: 1103662, member: 2272”]What’s a little bit more - 60% marginal rate
Why 100k for a single earner
What about a married couple who make 95k each?

SF policies are anti-jobs and anti self sufficiency and seek to insulate people on benefits using the energy of other people’s efforts.[/QUOTE]
That’s a fair argument but I would actually say most people would agree with Sinn Fein on it. Even if they don’t its hardly complete lunacy

So its essentially tax the moderately wealthy to pay even more money to people on welfare who have been largely unaffected by the downturn.
Then abolish property charges which are exactly the type of progressive taxation a party like Sinn Fein should be looking to introduce.

Wealth taxes don’t work. The really rich can just avoid them and it prevents large companies from setting up shop here.

What the Shinners should be doing here, is keeping the property tax. Maybe even increasing it above a threshold of say €2 million.
Bringing in water charges. Ensuring it is in a nationalised company, with exemptions for low earners etc.
Leaving the top end of the tax regime as is.
Reducing the burden on lower income tax payers.

Tax the moderately rich.
Retain 10% USC for self-employed over €100,000. Raises €123 million
Introduce a new employers’ rate of PRSI of 15.75% on the portion of salary paid in excess of €100,000 per annum. Raises €136 million
Introduce new 3rd rate of tax of 48% on income earned in excess of €100,000. Raises €448 million
Reductions in public sector pay and pensions, including 15% reduction in public sector salaries between €100,000 & €150,000 and 30% on income over €150,000. Saves €23.02 million
Reduce the earnings cap for pension contributions from €115,000 per annum to €70,000 per annum. Raises €110 million
More free money for those on welfare
Increase Family Income Supplement by 10%. Cost €33 million
Increase the Respite Care Grant by €325. Cost €29.6 million
Over the next two budgets restore the maximum rates for young Jobseekers of €188. In Budget 2015 we would increase it by €40 per week. Cost €89 million
Add a telephone allowance of €9.50 per month to the Living Alone increase. Cost €20.6 million
Raise the One Parent Family Payment income to €120. Cost €15.3 million
Reinstate the Solas Training Allowance. Cost €6.7 million
Re-open the Diet Supplement Scheme. Cost €500,000
Increase Fuel Allowance by 3 weeks. Cost €23.9 million
Make Vague Promises
Reduce Professional fees and general department spend on travel and training by 10%. Saves €27.2 million
2% reduction in branded medicines. Saves €21 million
Greater use of JobsPlus. Saves €15.2 million
Increase Revenue Commissioner activity to target tax evasion.
Introduce 4,000 additional Community Employment Scheme places. Cost €13.6 million
Increase investment in the Employability Service. Cost €1.5 million
Introduce policies which make for good soundbites but will likely end up costing the state more in the long run
As a first step in phasing them out, reduce the charge per prescription for medical card-holders by €0.50. Cost €25 million
End the State subsidy of private care in public hospitals. Saves €107.29 million
Phased withdrawal of private school annual state subsidy over five years. Saves €20.6 million
At a huge cost to the exchequer abolish a genuinely progressive taxation.
Save 1.8 million homeowners an average of €278 per annum by abolishing the property tax. Cost €500 million
Follow further populist policy, even though with would affect the rich more than the poor many of whom would get free water.
Don’t introduce water charges. Cost €300 million