Sunday Indo are Cunts Thread

Here’s another good Rosanna Davison one from a while back

[size=“3”]Well-heeled Rosanna puts friendship first [/size]

By Jason O’Brien

Tuesday March 09 2010

IT’S safe to assume Rosanna Davison doesn’t embarrass easily.

Yesterday she posed for photographers by pretending to scale a rather steep climbing wall while wearing six-inch heeled boots, a pair of tight jeans and a beatific smile.

Immediately afterwards, she managed to keep a straight face when denying that the storm-in-a-teacup that is the tale of two models, an older rich man and a trip to Morocco is anything akin to a publicity stunt.

“I think there’s an unnecessary amount of exaggeration at the moment, because it was a very innocent event,” the 25-year-old said of her impromptu trip to a luxury hotel in Marrakesh last week with the multi-millionaire developer Johnny Ronan (55). The Treasury Holdings developer is the former partner of Glenda Gilson (29). That pair had a blazing row in Ranelagh the day before Mr Ronan and Ms Davison – and a female friend – took a jet to Africa.

“I’ll probably be speaking to her today,” Ms Davison said. “I think it will be okay. Hopefully she will understand that it’s been exaggerated into more than it actually is.”

And yet she hadn’t moved to rebuild bridges with Ms Gilson at the latter’s birthday party on Saturday night, or since returning from Morocco in the middle of last week. According to Ms Davison, it was just a case of Sunday drinks “going crazy”. For most, that would end with a trip to the curry house. But the rich are different from you and me. They have more money.

Ms Davison was speaking at a launch to support Boots’ staff members who will undertake the Four Peaks challenge in aid of the Irish Hospice Foundation. But enough of that.

“I really like Glenda, we’ve worked together for years, I’d definitely consider her to be a friend and hopefully we can continue to be friends,” she said. A nation holds its breath.

• Jason O’Brien

Excellent analysis of the way these cunts operate, Mickee.

I got a quarter way through that Davidson/Fanning thing then decided to stop before I lost the will to live.
Fucking hell.
I mean fucking hell.

Is this the kind of thing you mean Mickee? God knows what else needed to be said about that trip. Its only the hedild but she might make the sindo in her own right soon.

Herald is like a Nazi Youth for the Sindo. Fantastic analysis by mickee I have to say. His wumming may be transparently over the top but he was on the money here.

[quote=“gola, post: 436061”]
Herald is like a Nazi Youth for the Sindo. [/quote]

:clap:

A fucking rag of a paper is the Herald. Possibly worse than the Sindo in its own way.

[i]“Leckie (25), a socialite from Enniskerry”

[/i]Sorry, a what?

A socialite.

on my trips back to ireland like this weekend i always make it a priority item of mine to ensure i have 2.50 euro to hand on a Sunday morning to pick up my copy of the Sindo,
I unashamedly admit this and if I have a spare hour or two on a Sunday morning there is no finer way to spend it than drinking a few cups tea and scouring my favourite rag for examples of cuntishness.
Im not going to come on here and lie and try to claim I buy this yoke for the sport ( I read l’equipe or world soccer) or politics ( only the guardian) or that like most people I would never buy the Sindo and only “find” it somewhere.
The reason why it’s the top selling paper in the country is because there is a lot of cunts out there like me who actually like reading about other cunts as our own lives are so boring and we need our Sindo fix on a weekly basis.

Anyway, on to todays cuntishness,
Yer wan Alison o riordan has been playing a blinder over the last few weeks, examples of her cuntishness are well documented by the Runt on page 2 of this thread as she claims she is “ Trapped in a negative equity nightmare after dreams of city apartment living turned sour”.

She leads with a headline on page 10 today “Boulevard of broken dreams for once affluent middle class male” that documents the travails of the celtic tiger’s young cubs in Dun Laoire who “bought into the dream of the celtic tiger ,never once imagining that one day they would have to queue for social welfare payments”.
Apparently in the dole office these young well heeled chaps “greet each other stiffly as they pass by, preoccupied with their own thoughts”, meanwhile on the outside “several 2010 cars pass along Cumberland street and a woman with a scarf on her head emerges from the social welfare office weeping and wiping tears from behind her Gucci sunglasses”.

The bould Alison is surrently my favourite Sino journalist, she has taken over from Niamh Horan and my friend Jody Corcoran who likes to discuss his own depression ad nauseum in any self pity laden,attention seeking article he writes.

There is probaby more out there but im too engrossed in yesterday’s Gaurdian and their phenomenal coverage of the UK election

roll on my next Sindo day

OMG Alison O’Riordan is talking to Matt Cooper now.

I only heard the end of it
Copper sounded genuinely empathetic towards the cunt
For shame

What a volte face by the cunt!!!

http://www.independent.ie/opinion/analysis/time-to-embrace-hope-by-giving-up-on-the-financially-hopeless-causes-2209690.html

:o

Un-be-fucking-lievable.

What an absolute cunthooks that man is.
This must be the new policy for the fuckers.
Have a look at this pile of shit and see if ye can get through it without gagging.

What a well written article. You can see the author’s university education coming through beautifully :smiley:

I love the reference to her friend from Castleblaney. Kind of to prove that she doesnt hang around solely with D4 arsewipes. The only other time I heard of a D4er refer to a friend from Monaghan was in that rugger bugger murder trial. He was the only one to get jail time too if memory serves correct.

On a more serious level, wtf is Rosanna doing hanging around Dublin still with Dr.Quirkey and hawking herself like a common whore for any kind of work. Surely with her looks she should be over in New York or somewhere hanging with the likes of Pdiddy and getting some decent contracts. Not blowing the likes of Johnny Ronan to ensure her names stays in the Sindo a bit longer.

If I ever have the misfortune of meeting Niamh Horan I’m going to batter the fuck out of her

Model Ruth and her rugby star husband are the latest celebrity couple to split up

By NIAMH HORAN EXCLUSIVE
Sunday June 27 2010
Ireland’s top model Ruth Griffin and her husband, international rugby player Alan Quinlan, have split up.

In another shock to the showbiz world, the pair have gone their separate ways after two years of marriage.

The couple, who married in a star-studded wedding in Tipperary in June 2008, have a 17-month-old child named AJ.

Friends and family have been rallying around Ruth and offering their support.

This weekend, a close friend said: "She is coping well. She is obviously very upset at times but she has a good support network around her.

"Ruth has the world at her feet. She is a beautiful, bright young woman with a successful career under her belt and she is very popular in the modelling world and on the social scene.

“She has years ahead of her and although it has been a difficult time, she will come through this even stronger.”

Ruth, who is a model with the Assets agency in Dublin, having carved out a niche as one of Ireland’s most-booked models for the past decade, went on holidays earlier this month in order to take some time out following the break-up.

Friends say she needed to take some down time to look after herself as she contemplated a future apart from her husband.

She spent a week in Ibiza with three female pals, who are her best friends from her days in UCD.

Her husband, Irish rugby ace Alan Quinlan, minded their son AJ while Ruth was abroad.

Speaking at the time, she said: “It’s an annual girl’s trip to the old town of Ibiza to chill out – not rocking up at the clubs of San Antonia.”

Earlier this month, the celebrity mum was also pictured at the Danone Big Toddle for Barnardos, a sponsored walk to raise funds for the charity’s work with vulnerable children in Ireland.

The stunning brunette, from Rathgar in south Dublin, married her long-term boyfriend in a widely publicised ceremony in Tipperary town in June 2008.

Looking every inch the Grecian goddess, she exchanged vows with the sporting international in front of rugby stars such as Ronan O’Gara and Declan Kidney, as well as well-known figures from the modelling world, including Sarah McGovern and Roberta Rowat.

More than 100 locals, many sporting Munster rugby jerseys, gathered outside St Michael’s Church for the arrival of the groom and bride and their 300 guests.

The celebrations continued in full swing afterwards in the nearby Dundrum House Hotel and continued with a barbecue for friends of both the Quinlan and Griffin families.

The newlyweds then jetted off to Thailand for their dream honeymoon in the sun.

Ruth was three months’ pregnant with AJ, her first child, at the time.

The rugby ace, from Limerick Junction, Co Tipperary, had proposed to Ruth the previous July.

Her sister Stephanie is married to Leinster player Malcolm O’Kelly.

Speaking in happier times, following the birth of her child, Ruth said: "I knew Alan was the man I wanted to marry when I saw him with his little cousin Ava.

“He loves children and they adore him. That quality, more than any other, made me fall for him.”

Alan also spoke highly of the beautiful model when he was named the Tipperary person of the year and credited her for the tremendous support she had given him.

“It’s difficult to be married to a rugby player, especially after we lose, but she has been a wonderful support,” he said.

Ruth, who has a degree in English and French from UCD, has previously said of meeting Alan: "I was working at an event that he was attending and while we saw each other, we didn’t say a word.

“Alan knew my sister was married to a fellow rugby player, so he made the call and then my sister Steph played Cupid for me and engineered an introduction for Alan and me.”

The split is the latest in a long line of showbiz separations in recent weeks.

Earlier this month, Grainne Seoige ended her marriage of eight years.

The TV star and her husband Stephen Cullinane went their separate ways after 11 years.

In a statement, Grainne’s spokesman said her main concern now was for her 16-year-old son, Conall.

Grainne’s spokesman Noel Kelly said there was “nothing else” to the marriage split and insisted that she and Stephen would remain on good terms.

Friends say the brunette presenter battled to save her marriage to Stephen for months before she finally called time on their relationship.

Sources close to the couple revealed last night how they had grown apart and “lost their spark” but carried on in a desperate attempt to work things out.

In recent months, she has been seen out partying in Krystle nightclub in Dublin with her sister Sile, who has also split from her husband Glen Mulcahy.

Other high-profile couples who have announced their separation in recent months include Ronan and Yvonne Keating, after Ronan was linked to a backing dancer, and Andrea Roche and PJ Mansfield.

Rosanna hurt by ‘vicious’ rumours on social scene

By NIAMH HORAN Entertainment News Reporter
Sunday June 27 2010
Former Miss World Rosanna Davison has hit back at a malicious “bullying campaign” that she believes has been pitted against her on Dublin’s social scene.

The stunning model said she will not be intimidated after finding herself at the receiving end of a “vicious rumour campaign” that she believes has been designed to cause her “as much hurt as possible”.

Speaking this weekend, as she took some time out while holidaying in France, the beauty said she would not take the abuse lying down.

“Recently I have unwittingly found myself at the receiving end of a vicious rumour campaign, apparently designed to cause as much hurt as possible to me and those close to me,” she said.

“It was wholly unprovoked and I have reason to believe it was supposedly planned for some time.”

The model went on: “The fabrications were too obviously made up so the desired effect wasn’t achieved. It made the whole ordeal seem completely bizarre and pathetic, just like cowardly schoolyard bullying.”

Although the Dublin beauty said she is used to a certain amount of tittle-tattle, having grown up in the limelight as the daughter of Chris de Burgh, she said she would not tolerate anyone affecting those close to her.

"I pity anybody who has to resort to intimidation tactics. They’re a waste of time and display little actual intelligence.

“I can take criticism directed towards me and accept when it’s deserved, but when those I love are also targeted, it’s not tolerable, as I’m extremely protective over my friends and family.”

The model, who is in a long-term relationship with Wesley Quirke, said the vicious rumour campaign had been designed to cause upset and to destroy her reputation.

"Incidents like this have taught me never to believe everything you hear, no matter how believable it may seem.

"Rumours and lies can potentially cause so much destruction and upset.

"Let’s face it, us girls enjoy a good gossip from time to time. But if everything I hear back about things I’ve supposedly done were to be believed, I’d be like a real-life Jackie Collins character! Alas, my life is not at all as eventful.

“These days I make sure to treat pieces of gossip I may hear about others as nothing to be taken seriously. Just as trashy celeb magazines and websites can be brilliantly entertaining, it’s a big mistake to believe everything you read. Take from them the entertainment value and no more.”

The rumours are believed to have centred around her and her boyfriend Wesley.

• NIAMH HORAN Entertainment News Reporter

Poor Ruth. It must be really painful for her. She must feel like somebody has gouged out her eye. But still, you’re a nobody these days on the Irish celeb scene if you don’t have a failed marriage behind you. This is a sign that she’s really made it.

Hard now to see Quinlan retiring before he’s 50.

More than 100 locals, many sporting Munster rugby jerseys, gathered outside St Michael’s Church for the arrival of the groom and bride and their 300 guests.

Jesus Christ

[b]Public servants aren’t cut out to be shiny happy people

Jody Corcoran believes public sector employees are averse to the joys of living and seeking to compensate for this loss via money
[/b]

HERE is something dysfunctional at the heart of the public sector, a problem so deep-seated as to be unamenable to superficial examination, study, or possibly even treatment.

Reform of the public sector is one thing: it is beyond argument that such reform should take place, and should have taken place long ago. We need sweeping reform to the point that the public sector as we know it should be scrapped, a new template drawn up, with updated principles and ideals, and the whole thing effectively started again from scratch.

That will not happen as it should, because the body politic is part of the public sector and is, therefore, part of the problem, not the solution. There may be piecemeal reform, of course, but that is almost as bad as no reform at all.

In defensive mode, as it now is, the public sector is not given to critical analysis; increasingly, it is given only to a sense of entitlement, thereby reducing, making a mockery in fact, of the whole notion of public service – a noble notion as originally devised and practised for a while.

At one level, the problem is the juggernaut scale of the public sector: more than 300,000 people working to outdated custom and practice, which has made it unfit for purpose. But, at its core, the real problem is the type of person working in the public sector.

Of course, they are decent people in most ways. They are our brothers, sisters, our cousins. But somewhere along the way they have, by and large, mislaid the concept of service to the public who pay their inflated wages.

It has become quite fashionable to exclude those in the frontline – gardai, nurses, teachers – from such criticism. But I would include these people, as well as the faceless civil servants, from the top to the lowest level, with only a few exceptions.

The problem is, or has become, that these people are unhappy in their work, but also, it seems to me, unhappy in their lives. The level of cynicism among public sector workers is quite depressing.

To make matters worse, they do not seem to have, within themselves, the ability to utilise a form of happiness. They believe it is for others to do that for them. They are, in short, inherently dysfunctional people.

It may be that they see virtue in their unhappiness, because they think that discontent is the only way to overcome social ills.

But I suspect they were latently unhappy before they joined the public sector. In a way, it was why they were drawn to it in the first place. They were looking for certainty, security, stability, upon which to anchor their unhappy lives. Indeed, many of those in the public sector are second- and third-generation public sector workers, making all the more profound the deep-seated level of their unhappiness.

When is the last time you met a happy teacher, or a happy garda or even a happy nurse?

I feel they do not exist. I believe that they are, actually, averse to the joy of living.

Initially, when I confront them with this belief, they get angry, and talk about overcrowded A&Es, or underheated classrooms, or walking the beat in the rain.

But after a while their arguments fall away and they have to admit that they are just not happy people.

They have a point, of course, about overcrowding and underheating and all of the rest of it. We in the private sector use these services and we are equally unhappy as to their quality.

Part of the problem is that public and private sector workers, in this State, and in others, though not in all, have been reduced, in effect, to units of measurement.

As such, we are forced into a state of passivity, which then tends to increase our alienation from the State.

Accordingly, at the collective level, the political process needs to be institutionally restructured so that people’s common interests become the principal driving force.

Economic policy must help to establish those fundamental institutions, which make politicians and public bureaucrats responsive to people’s common interests. Were that to happen, I believe, it might finally lead to a possible fulfillment of individual preferences.

But that is, perhaps, too grand a concept for the body politic to grasp, and is, therefore, not the immediate issue.

The issue remains that, fundamentally, workers in the public sector are unhappy people. In that regard, if no other, I feel sorry for them.

The problem, as I now see it, is that public sector workers are seeking to compensate for their unhappiness through an overwhelming desire to cling to monetary advantage.

They achieved this advantage through the discredited benchmarking process, a process which was fuelled by the now-collapsed building boom, the very boom they now blame for the country’s ills.

Happiness research has attracted a deal of interest since the worldwide economic collapse.

Back in the Seventies, the Kingdom of Bhutan, no less, proclaimed that it wanted to maximise Gross National Happiness rather than Gross National Income.

Others, the UK and Australia, for example, are committed to producing national measures of well-being; in September, France’s President Sarkozy sought to get in, too, on this latest fad, this new economic philosophy, as it were.

Happiness, long holidays, mid-term breaks and a sense of well-being are not my yardstick for economic performance, but new yardsticks are being devised, some with merit.

Armed with Nobel prize-winning economists, and other experts, Sarkozy believes happiness should be embraced by the world in a national accounting overhaul.

The Legatum Institute, which promotes political, economic and individual liberty, last week published a table showing Ireland 12th worldwide as, basically, a good place to live: Finland, Sweden, Denmark and Norway fill four of the top five spots, with Switzerland second.

Trade unionists are increasingly talking about happiness too, seeking that it rank alongside, or even above, a nation’s Gross Domestic Product as an indicator of how well, or not, a country is doing.

When they do, they cite Scandinavian countries in particular.

But one of the major challenges of happiness research is to explain what is called the ‘Easterlin Paradox’, which shows that where real per capita income has dramatically increased, happiness has remained constant.

In happiness research, there are two phenomena. The first is that most changes in life circumstances have a short-lived effect on reported subjective well-being because, basically, people adapt to a new situation.

In the private sector we know about this: we have adapted – those of us, that is, who have not yet lost our jobs; those of us who have long since taken pay cuts, and may again.

Generally speaking, we are happy: relative to where we were a year ago, I would argue that we are happier. We have done our bit, we still have a job, we will do our bit again. The second, closely related, phenomenon, is the change of people’s aspirations due to changes in their life circumstances.

In the context of economics, people rapidly adjust to increases in income. But after about a year, two-thirds or more of the benefits of an increase in income wear off as people increase their income aspirations.

This process has become known as the ‘aspiration treadmill’ and has been used to explain the Easterlin Paradox.

Our public sector workers are still on an aspirational treadmill. The rest of us have had to get off, we have been forced off; and do you know what? We are happy, perhaps all the happier for it.

As far as I am concerned, it may boil down to this: the most fundamental issue is, probably, whether “happiness” should really be the ultimate goal in the workplace, or in life itself.

For workers in the public sector, at the moment, it seems to be the only goal, even though they are not predisposed towards achieving it; perhaps it is so because they are not . . .

But there are other valid goals: religion, for example, which may account for the thousands gathering in Knock yesterday on the word of a psychic, or which may account for those who worshipped a tree trunk somewhere else recently.

In an economic context, however, happiness should not be the ultimate goal: loyalty, responsibility, self-esteem, freedom, personal development, all of these have equal, if not greater validity in my opinion. But they are goals, or qualities, which seem to be sadly lacking in the public sector.

Sunday Independent

Listened to an excellent analysis last week of the propaganda war fought over the last six months of 2009.

Across the 5 major national publications, the Op-ed balance with respect to the default position of the author was 328 anti-union to 44 pro-union. In fact, every single major editorial was handed to a right wing commentator. The letters to the editor balance was even worse. Naturally the Indo was the most extreme in its hostility to the public sector and the the union proposals. The Irish Times was the most balanced.

hopefully wont be too long before that cunt Corcoran ends it all.

Do these cunts have any shame - niamh horan, this cunt, O’Connor etc? At some level they are intelligent enough but how can they put their name at the end of such horseshit. They are just lapdogs for Fanning and it is pretty disgusting.

The anti union, sorry anti worker, stance of the ‘Independent’ has its roots back to 1913 so dont be surprised.