Super Bowl LIII - The Dirty Road to ATL

Seahawks sporting their splendid action green uniforms tonight.

A win will put one foot in the play offs, ditto the Vikings, crucial game.

1 Like

My first Super Bowl, as was for many on here, was New England v Chicago held in New Orleans. Dunno how I stayed awake, giddiness and anticipation I presume, my first full game of gridiron after a full season of highlights.

A repeat of that game back in 1986, Super Bowl XX, and the 46-10 score line, hammering them cunts Brady and Gronk, would be the icing on the cake.

1 Like

Disgusting, cheap and gaudy, like their franchise and coach. Go Vikings!

Yawwwnnnnn.

We’re still in this…

Unreal Har, what a performance! The D was incredible and Russell came through when we needed it most.

Looking good for a for a wild card now, Coach Carroll producing miracles with this team that people had written off.

1 Like

Russell still does a lot of fuck acting that costs the team - a bit like Rodgers … Looks magic when he pulls of great throws / runs - but there’s a time to just throw it away, a time to take the short yards etc. … they’ll be dangerous for anyone tho. How’s the road record this year?

Lost the first 2 games of the season on the road @ Denver and Chicago and also @ Rams, less than a score in those 3 games. Won on the road @ Arizona, Detroit and Carolina.

I don’t think our D is good enough to beat the Rams or Saints on the road but we’d have a puncher’s chance in the wild card round.

Saints have showed lately that they can be got at - Rams the same - Dallas / Bears could cause an upset

I think the Saints had a blip against Dallas, that Cowboy’s D has really improved and is a top 3 unit at the moment behind Chicago and Baltimore IMO. The Saints will be very tough to beat in the Super Dome which is why the battle between themselves and the Rams for #1 seed is so important.

1 Like

Its California or bust for goff after that dumpster fire is

Goff will only have LA or dome stadiums though to win the Superbowl, so the harshness of the conditions he faced in Chicago wont happen again. I can see them overcoming that. Saints had 6 shit quarters starting at Dallas and up to half time on Sunday, but if they have their form back, having that head to head over the Rams could be important.

I cursed Brees 2 weeks ago anointing him MVP as he had one awful game and an average one since. Mahomes was very good in his 2 games, making some spectacular plays. As it stands, Mahomes probably has the edge, but very much all to play for in the final 3 games.

I realise that about domes but i think goff isn’t confident enough to travel and win on the road.

A legacy award for brees i think, mahomes will have more chances but its to play for

Issue with Goff is he has McVay in his ear until a few seconds before snap in LA. Away from home with noise volume it is a huge issue. Normally Gurley offsets this timing issue but with teams selling out to stop Gurley and putting the game in Goffs hands their chances increase markedly.

Yeah I wouldnt fancy Goff to come away with a win in NO either, but at the same time, its a serious defence, Saints have been stuttering a little the past couple of weeks and LA are well capable.

The main reason the Saints have been stuttering is down to injured left tackle Terron Armstead being out. He is best left tackle in NFL. Prior to this they were not giving up any pressures never mind sacks. Bushrod his replacement has been a turnstile in comparison. Once Armstead is back Saints offense should be motoring again.

1 Like

Pats v Rams Superbowl.

1 Like

It’s on…

John De Filipo fired as OC in Minnesota. Mike Zimmer has always struck me as a ferocious prick of a man

1 Like

There were more magnanimous ways to get rid of a kicker rather than being a cunt about it.