Super Bowl LIV - Chiefs V 49ers

Open up them doors

When I saw how bad they were in fourth quarter Sunday I thought he was in trouble. Losing that super bowl to a team with no offense killed him and it’s been getting worse progressively since. Newton was indulged for too long there

Their fans are murderers and layabouts?

Nah, got savage fans who create the best atmosphere

All decade team - ( committee on the Athletic)

Discuss.

Offense

Quarterback: Tom Brady (unanimous)

Running back 1: Adrian Peterson

Running back 2: Marshawn Lynch

Wide receiver 1: Julio Jones

Wide receiver 2: Antonio Brown

Wide receiver 3: Calvin Johnson

Tight end: Rob Gronkowski (unanimous)

Tackle 1: Joe Thomas (unanimous)

Tackle 2: Tyron Smith

Guard 1: Marshal Yanda

Guard 2: Zack Martin

Center: Maurkice Pouncey

Defense

Edge rusher 1: Von Miller

Edge rusher 2: Chandler Jones

Defensive line 1 (tie): Aaron Donald

Defensive line 1 (tie): J.J. Watt

Defensive line 3: Calais Campbell

Linebacker 1: Luke Kuechly

Linebacker 2: Bobby Wagner

Cornerback 1: Richard Sherman

Cornerback 2: Patrick Peterson

Cornerback 3: Darrelle Revis

Safety 1: Earl Thomas (unanimous)

Safety 2: Kam Chancellor

Kicker: Justin Tucker (unanimous)

Punter: Johnny Hekker (unanimous)

Punt returner: Devin Hester (unanimous)

Kick returner: Cordarrelle Patterson (unanimous)

Special teamer: Matthew Slater (unanimous)

Head coach: Bill Belichick (unanimous)

Wow, what talent. Hard to find much wrong with any of that. Any argument to be made for Talib ahead of Pat Pete?

Who’s our pass catcher outta the backfield there? Leveon?

Demarcus Ware for me was far better than either Watt or Kuechly and could play in either of those roles.

I thought maybe Ed Reed deserved to sneak in too? That Baltimore D was almost as good as the Seattle one and they won the same amount of rings. 4 for Seattle and 0 for the Ravens on defense seems a little unfair.

Rings trump everything it seems but Aaron Rogers is the decade’s best QB also. I completely understand why Brady would get it however.

Agree re Baltimore ---- Disagree re Rodgers… most talented, yes — talented doesnt mean success tho — he’s a safe pair of hands who plays the odds too much — a super arm but doesnt have the guts of others — a great stats man.

It’s not my list you complete bastard.

1 Like

Yes, we all know you’d have found the logic for Edelman over AB.

2 Likes

And Amendola over Calvin

Plenty of options for the linebacker position, biased but I would have Patrick Willis in there ahead of both Kuechly and Wagner.

Riverboat Ron is a class act and he will be a head coach in the league again next year. Would be ideal in Cleveland and wouldn’t be surprised to see him getting the Giants gig if Gettlemans stays in charge.

I assume that Tepper will look for some young hot shot college coach to take over - The likes of Lincoln Riley or Matt Rhule

1 Like

Mad call from Panthers organisation.

They’ve declined rapidly since their Superbowl loss

1 Like

This was beautiful last Sunday night — like a gazelle, gracefully flying through the air… what an athlete.

https://twitter.com/LBNFL/status/1201925216554893312

I had looked at his rushing odds earlier that night and he was 3/1 to beat 1.5 yards :rage:

Lynch should be unanimous surely.

Just watching back over the highlights there and I make it 11 wrong routes run over the last two games by the Pats receivers … Things could get a lot worse as it looks like they have lost their no.2 centre

Gordon and Thomas might have limitations but they know where they are supposed to be at least.

Whinge Whinge…

1 Like

he only had 4 good years this decade.

Ed Reed retired about 2013…