Super Bowl LV - The triumphant trail to Tampa (Part 1)

I assume we will see a lot of soft tissue, hamstring injuries etc over the first month or so of the season too.

I hope they go 13-3 this year just for Bill. Show up Brady

Am torn between Kerryon and Fournette starting for my FF, one will be eased out of his team you feel whereas Fournette will be eased into Tampa. Sell me on KJ

That’s silly talk.

I don’t think Kerryon will be eased out but I get the feeling that his load will be managed early in the year and built up. He did get injured last year and was placed on IR but did make it back for the last few games and showed no ill effects, he is also wearing a knee brace full time these days.

There is definitely a place for him and I’d be surprised if Peterson is getting more carries come the middle of October but with a new right side of the offensive line I think they might trust Peterson’s experience early on.

1 Like

His new Subway ad is magnificent

1 Like

What a load of shit.

1 Like

I didn’t write it

I was thinking more of when Swift gets healthy he could be second choice

It will be committee regardless. Swift has done very little in the last month due to niggles, think they will take it slow with him.

They have to establish a run game this year.

The offence won’t be an issue and wasn’t the issue last year even after Stafford got injured. It will be a top 10 unit even with a middle of the road run game barring injuries. The problem last year was a defence which couldn’t get off the field or stop other teams and was hopeless at the end of each half not to mention no sacks or turnovers.

If the defence can elevate itself to being a top 20 unit they will get 8 wins easy. If it gets into top 16 they will make the play offs. Offence and run game aren’t an issue

1 Like

Fat Matt and a defense that underperforms, who’d have thought

Fat Pat has been disappointing on that front - Just shows how much of it was Bill when he was at Pats… I think Stafford is gonna have a hell of a year - But did they win a divisional game last year?

I hold little hope for Fat Matt going off how woejus the defence was last year. It was laughably bad, zero pass rush and easily carved up by mediocre QBs.

Talk seems to be that it should be better with Slay gone as he wasn’t fully bought in and Harmon is far more suited to the deep safety role than Quandre Diggs while Jamie Collins should be a big upgrade at line backer. That is all well and good but Collins could easily turn back into the player he was in Cleveland just as easy.

Hard to see the pass rush improving especially given his aversion to blitzing and no real help for Trey Flowers, given the cap space available and relatively cheap price tag I can’t believe they didn’t go after Ngakoue, would have made a huge difference.

1 Like

Lost all six but 4 were after Staffords injury. They were robbed of a win by officials early in the season against Green Bay.

Lions were 3-4-1 when Stafford went down last year but could just have easily been 6-2 had they got a few breaks. Threw away a big lead v the Cardinals in the opener, had a goal line fumble taken 99 yards for a chiefs defensive touchdown and robbed against the Packers.

1 Like

I’d say no team gets close to Detroit over the last 3 years when it comes to one score games. There was one year when Stafford had a shedload of 4th quarter wins and last year they lost about 5 games they could easily have won.

Up to about game 13 or 14 last season the Lions had a second half lead in every game. The defence couldn’t stop anyone when it mattered

I think Chicago are gonna be even more shite this year and I dont see how GB have sorted any of their issues … Vikings will win the division - Lions have an ok schedule - be looking at Washington, Jets and Jags as Ws - will fancy taking Dolphins, Pats also … will need a few division wins tho