Super Bowl LV - The triumphant trail to Tampa (Part 1)

You would think that they would try and push the Super Bowl back to the end of February and build in a few additional bye/contingency weeks into the schedule.

Assume there is no pro bowl this year so just have the super bowl the week after conference finals.

3 Likes

Latest word is they’re only putting Chiefs v Patriots back a few days but presumably the Patriots are fucked without Newton.

I’d say a Bill won’t be overly disappointed with being able to get Stidham a couple of starts to kick the tyres on him. If he is even serviceable he will be able to flip him for a day two pick in 18 months

A Saints player has tested positive now too.

After the flight to Detroit, so risk for the whole team.
edit: Michael Burton identified as player who tested positive.

Only a matter of time before the whole thing is blown up

It will be like the end of the world if NFL gets cancelled.

Will players agree to such a long stretch away from their families?

First off $$$

Secondly, they’d be protecting their families at this stage.

They wont want to be shown up by the basketballers, how long have they been holed up in Florida?

Suppose so.

Cancel it and give the hapless Jets the first pick.

Very good chance Trevor stays in college rather than go to that train wreck of a franchise.

They’ll hardly bail on Darnold yet, though? I think he’s a decent QB surrounded by chaff. Gase was a terrible appointment by them, especially when Mike McCarthy was available.

2 Likes

Darnold aint bad…He’s handicapped by his coach … But Bell on IR and they’ve had a rake of injuries also.

Absolutely, I’d like the jets to move back in that situation, they have bigger problems than at QB

They also have two first-rounders already next year as a result of the Jamal Adams trade. They’ll sell one of them.

They should just make next week a bye week and play the three covid affected games next Sunday. Take the week 8 slot and split it over two weeks giving teams a second bye/open week and the same at week 14 thus giving the nfl windows to play covid games. Regularly season ends third week of January and Super Bowl the end of feb.

1 Like

Is there a definite time/date for Pats v Chiefs? Any website I read says postponed to Monday or Tuesday which isn’t very encouraging