Super Bowl LVI - The intricate incline to Inglewood (Part 1)

@Big_Dan_Campbell actually called it fairly accurately at the start of the season, in that the Lions are competitive in nearly every match. It’s mostly very narrow losing margins. They just can’t get a result over the line.

Don’t underestimate the pressure of an NFC North divisional game. It does things to you that one can’t explain.

1 Like

They just have no margin for error.

It is a roster that lacks talent, some of that is by choice to clear the cap and purge bad contracts and some of it is through injury.

The defence is playing hard. Third week in a row it has held a team to 16 points or less and has given up a grand total of 9 points in the second halves of those games.

The offence is utterly lifeless. That was probably one of Goff’s better performances tonight which tells you all you need to know. I’d expect a WR to be taken late in the first or early in the second round and another one added for big money in free agency. The offensive line could be one of the best in the league if they can all get healthy. Hard to see what they will do at QB though, it isn’t a great draft class while next year looks to have a couple of studs in it. Goff’s contract means he will be there next year but he just devoid of confidence.

The red rifle one of the nicest guys in the game, these annual Lions-Bears games on thanksgiving need to be scrapped they are utter dirt every season but mercifully they are the first game.

Bizarre.

Burned three timeouts. Sake

Three woeful years of turgid shite in a row…

If they can add two top WRs… Rookie + FA… they’ll be transformed. Goff will have cluster fucks but if he has lads that can get open and make plays he’ll find them more often than not. They have all the other materials…Goff isn’t the guy to win them a bowl but they can get 5-7 wins out of him and trend the right way at least… Their D is actually pretty solid.

I presume we’re all shouting of the raiders here…

Fuck dem boyz

1 Like

I think they will kick QB down the road to 2022 draft unless one falls in their lap at the end of the first round with their rams pick. Try and build every else first before throwing in a rookie QB.

They have a tonne of cap space next year and three of their key starters in Ragnow, Okwara and Okudah to return from injury. Add in Thidedeaux with the first overall pick will help too. But they are still 2 years off getting back towards 0.500

There’s a few nice receivers hitting FA next year… Add a JuJu , Tim Patrick and pick up a top Rookie and it’s a different team.

Patrick signed a new deal in Denver last week. As did Sutton. I’d take someone like Gallop on above average money.

I also called things fairly accurately this year. I said they’d go 0-16, instead they’ll go 0-15-1.

They’d be a lot better with someone like Dalton or Cam. Would they every go short term for Nick Foles or Mitch Tribiski or someone like that? I think Nick would be a really good fit for that team. I can see it working somehow, just because he has character. Even if he probably needs good WRs at the end of his crazy deep plays. He’s not consistent obviously but I guarantee he’d manage to win a few games with the Lions.

Is thr plan to tank 2 or 3 years in a row?

The squad is shite but honestly, the management can’t escape blame, or whoever thought that Goff would be OK. It was obvious that he couldn’t do it. Also allowing the best WR, Galloday, to leave for nothing was a huge mistake. That was just too much damage.

I didn’t realize Patrick signed… A very underrated receiver. Gallup, JuJu, Godwin, Kirk, Chark, Devante Adams the pick of what’s available … Jamison Crowder is a very good player also but 29/30 next year.

They will get a third round pick for Golloday.

There was little point paying him close to 20 million a year. He is a jump ball receiver, albeit he is very a good one at if but he would suffer the same as every other receiver this season as Goff won’t throw the ball downfield unless the guy is wide open. Golloday isn’t even averaging 50 yards a game in New York.

The Vegas cunts are going to get their holes opened.

Lovely stuff

That’s a bullshit call

Waller took 2 or 3 steps

He had control and the defender knocked it out

2 Likes