Super Bowl LVI - The intricate incline to Inglewood (Part 1)

Heā€™ll be fine unless itā€™s a lot more serious than they are letting on.

It may be the greatest blessing in disguise of all timeā€¦

@maroonandwhite @Chucks_Nwoko

Both the Niner coordinators have interviews for head coaching jobs tomorrow, Why cant they wait until the teams season is over have a massive game to prepare for on Saturday.

You rat bastard.

Give it a rest. Itā€™s annoying

Thatā€™s the point.

1 Like

Was there a rule changed? I thought you couldnā€™t interview for a HC position until your team was out of the playoffs.

Is there going to be a serious quarterback carousel this off season?

Just how much change are we likely to see around the league this off season? Seems like more than half of the league could be potentially making a change at QB

Teams who are set - including teams who drafted a QB in the first round last season:
Cowboys - Dak
Rams - Stafford
Cardinals - Kyler
Bears - Fields
Bucs - Brady
Bills - Allen
Patriots - Mac Jones
Jets - Zac Wilson
Chiefs - Mahomes
Chargers - Herbert
Bengals - Burrow
Ravens - Lamar
Jags - Lawrence
Titans - Tannehill
49ers - Lance

Teams with a starting QBs who wants out or likely to be traded:
Packers - Rodgers
Seahawks - Wilson
Texans - Watson
49ers - Jimmy G
Vikings - Kirk Cousins

Teams with starters for now but could draft a QB this year:
Lions - Goff
Falcons - Matt Ryan
Raiders - Derek Carr
Eagles - Hurts

Teams in purgatory - do they stick or twist in FA or the draft?
Saints - Jameis
Washington - Heineke
Dolphins - Tua
Giants - Jones
Browns - Mayfield
Colts - Wentz

Teams who need to start over:
Steelers
Panthers
Broncos

Who ends up where? Obviously the GM and HC hires will shape some of these decisions. I think Rodgers will end up staying with the Packers, seems as though they are working through their issues.

Vikings surely blow it up and start over and move on from Cousins given his cap hit. The Browns are a team who may make the most sense. But then what happens to Mayfield?

The Panthers and Broncos surely go all out to get a veteran upgrade - I could see Watson being in play for both and Jimmy G maybe being an option for the Panthers as Rhule needs to win now to keep his job.

What do the Steelers do? You would think that a middle tier QB would be an upgrade on what Big Ben gave them last season. Do they ride with a Bridgewater, Tyrod Taylor, Mariota type as a placeholder and draft a guy. Someone like Gardner Minshew would be a nice fit here for a small enough investment.

What is going to happen the guys caught in the shuffle? Cam Newton, Sam Darnold, Baker Mayfield, Drew Lock, Tua etc.

5 Likes

Yeah all Denver need is a QB and a HC/OC combination that are not afraid to be a bit more brave when games are in the balance.

They have all the pieces but need a QB-HC-OC combination that can move the chains. Fangio was way too conservative and couldnā€™t manage a clock to save his life.

I think Denver will focus on Wilson or Rodgers depending on the HC they appoint. I wouldnā€™t write off them trying to bring in Cousins, Iā€™d prefer they wouldnā€™t, if they canā€™t get an elite veteran QB.

1 Like

no, not really.
Teams that really need to change QB:

• Steelers
  • maybe Broncos (probably wonā€™t)
  • Lions (but wonā€™t)
  • maybe WFT
  • maybe Panthers

There are obviously lots of teams that could benefit from a better QB (the Colts) but those are the emergencies.
And the only real emergency is the Steelers, who should either get somebody brilliant or get a placeholder.

Yeah you would think that Denver will take a swing and try and get a high tier vet if they can. Iā€™d take Jimmy G over Cousins all things being equal but Cousins will cost less draft capital you would think

Plus Paton is familiar with Cousins.

Paton is no mug. There was some speculation that he could hold his draft capital until 2023 when there might be better QBs available. Iā€™d say that was shelved once Bridgewater only proved to be about 60% of the QB they need and Lock about 40%.

I reckon they go all out for Rodgers and look to draft a QB with some decent potential, though I canā€™t see any potential Russell Wilsons in the upcoming draft.

Watson would have been ideal but I doubt theyā€™ll touch him now. texan will probably appoint Flores just to keep him there anyhowā€¦

Watson being cleared of those outrageous accusations will set a nice chain of events youā€™d imagine.

The draft class of 2022 is fairly underwhelming at QB. Certainly a lot of mobility with Corral, Howell, Ridder and Willis but all have varying levels of work to do to make it on Sundays. Carson Strong has arguably the best arm in the class but possesses Big Ben mobility. Kenny Pickett is the dark horse and ticked every box in 2021 but you have to be scepticial with 5th year breakouts in college.

2 Likes

His tiny hands will put a lot of teams off

People could barely see Russell Wilson in his draft.

Rumours that the Bears are considering trading Justin Fields.

Is red back in fashion for a season?