Super Bowl LVI - The intricate incline to Inglewood (Part 1)

1 Like

That’s hilarious

He’d be starting QB himself by week 14

Rams tackle Andrew Whitworth, safety Taylor Rapp out Sunday vs. Buccaneers

By The Athletic Staff

22 January 2022Updated 10:30 am AEDT

The Rams will be without starting left tackle Andrew Whitworth and safety Taylor Rapp for Sunday’s playoff game against the Buccaneers. Whitworth is out with injuries to his knee and ankle, while Rapp is out with a concussion.

Whitworth missed practice all week following Monday night’s win against the Cardinals. Not having the veteran lineman is a blow to the Rams’ offense as it faces one of the NFL’s best defensive fronts in the Buccaneers. Tampa Bay allowed the third-fewest rushing yards of any team this season and ranked seventh in total sacks.

The Rams face the Buccaneers in Tampa at 3 p.m. ET Sunday.

(Photo: Jayne Kamin-Oncea / Getty Images)

How the Rams replace Whitworth, Rapp on Sunday

Jourdan Rodrigue, Rams beat writer: The Rams will play Joe Noteboom at left tackle on Sunday to replace Whitworth. Noteboom would be starting for the Rams were it not for Whitworth’s historic longevity at the position, and he is also in a contract year.

The Rams will miss Rapp for the second consecutive week. Ahead of the wild-card round, they coaxed veteran safety Eric Weddle out of retirement to contribute to their defense and he saw several snaps especially in the first half.

As the Rams continue to play without both starting safeties, inside linebacker Troy Reeder will continue to be the team’s “green dot” player, meaning he relays the defensive calls to the unit via coordinator.

1 Like

Matty Ice will Ram it up @Thomas_Brady hole on Sunday night

Are the Falcons not out long ago?

3 Likes

The poor guy also doesn’t realize that QBs play against defenses, not other QBs.

He’s on about the only league table that matters. His top ten QBs.

1 Like

Bengals Packers Rams all win this weekend :sunglasses:

You’re welcome dudes :+1:

(I’m still making my mind up on the other game)

1 Like

Just getting into this NFL lark myself recently. Other than Bill Simmons what are the best podcasts out there?

Depends what you’re after. The GM Shuffle is decent in so far as Mike Lombardi has a real Dunphy/courting controversy way about him.

Undisputed with Skip and Shannon sees two OTT personalities take opposing views on the week’s action. (You’ve guessed it - calamity ensues).

Move the Sticks is informative in a light hearted way. Particularly good around draft season as they assess team needs and prospects.

The Ringer is good, from memory but haven’t listened in a while.

If you want NFL Fantasy podcasts, @backinatracksuit is your man.

1 Like

Thanks @Chucks_Nwoko!

If you want a stats and betting angle Ray, I’d highly recommend Adam here.

2 Likes

Excellent @Mac. Thank you.

Currently listening to GM Shuffle @Chucks_Nwoko and like it.

1 Like

What do you want exactly? Do you want to know more about scheme and the technical aspect of the game? The Athletic Podcast with Robert Mayes is good, he had Nace Tice and Mitchell Schwartz on giving good in depth analysis.

The Ringer podcast with Kevin Clark and Ben Solak is good as it can be fun but decent analysis and takes too.

I enjoy some of the pff stuff too which is more analytics

Looks like the great Coach Caldwell is getting another chance. Talk is he has his pick of the Bears and Jacksonville jobs, he has declined an interview with the Raiders and Vikings. Perfect coach to mentor a young QB.

Hopefully he ends up in Jacksonville

1 Like

If you want a light hearted bro humour take on NFL, listen to Pardon my Take.

Sign in @Watchyourtoes … Squeaky bum time…

1 Like

A monumental effort is required tonight, the MEEJA have the Packers winning handy.

5.5 point line, I think Rodgers will get it done, still holding a grudge from the draft.
Deebo could be the difference though, or will it be a Kittle night?
I think it’ll go down to the wire