Super Bowl LVIII - Viva Las Vegas 🐐

They didn’t base their early draft on a six week suspension, Amon Ra is found money, they obviously have big plans for Williams, I think they re gonna be alright long term but I wouldn’t call them a banker for the playoffs no matter who is at RB,

Marvin Jones is back

They wanted Witherspoon or Anderson at six I think. Once they went I think they were happy to take their chances with either RB at 12, the reaction from the draft room when they got Gibbs looks like a group that was very high on him and rather than just settling for him after Bijon was gone. They wanted another playmaker in the passing game and I don’t think they fancied any of the WRs as first round picks - the likes of JSE plays the same role as St Brown, Flowers and Addison the same as Jameson while Quentin Johnson is raw.

Lions haven’t any glaring needs on their roster and got two immediate starters last night. They obviously didn’t like Carter’s character as they need depth at DT but there are a number of very good d line men in round two and I’d expect them to get someone like Dexter or Benton today to solidify that.

I think they probably felt that Swift and Williams left a good bit of meat on the bone last year in the run game. Swift especially, for all that he could create something out of nothing, he could be very frustrating at times missing lead blockers and running lanes. With Vaitai/Glasgow/OG picked this weekend to plug in at RG and Montgomery and Gibbs who look like upgrades at RB they want to elevate that run game

Next best thing? :grin:

The beat guys concur.

Both guys seem reached but Brad Holmes us a very good talent evaluator - certainly seems to have been well thought out rather than spur of the moment picks

Big Dan took a stray elbow after the Gibbs pick - took it like a champ

1 Like

Is the thinking that the Lions will trade Swift for another player?

No. Probably a day three draft pick, he is in the final year of his deal and can’t stay healthy. If they keep him for the year they will probably get a 5th round compensatory puck next year so I’d say they will take a 5th or high 6th round pick for him now.

Guy can’t stay healthy

1 Like

Levis not attending day two.

Feel bad for him.

Some mad looking people turned in the crowd for the draft.

Lions take Hendon Hooker with the 68th pick. Could well be the steal of the draft, was very impresive prior to his injury.

Niners took a kicker in the third

No other gaps to fill, watch out :open_mouth:

I really like this Lions draft, a lot of really solid football players drafted. Funny how positional value works, if they took Branch and Hooker day one and Gibbs and Campbell in the second round the draftniks would be higher on it. 5 high calibre/high ceiling players pucked with the first 5 picks

You’re always very positive in fairness :grinning:

Why did Branch fall so far, he was being touted to go mid 1st not long ago

Not sure. Some had him with Witherspoon and Gonzalez as the top defensive backs - think his athletic scores are average enough relatively speaking, but that isn’t too much an issue of playing safety or slot. Assume he will be CGJ replacement in the medium term.

I think Hooker in the third is a nice addition in the third, big upgrade on the back up QBs we have over the past few years. Doubt he will become a viable long term starter there but should be able to keep the show on the road if Goff gets injured

The three weakest parts of the roster - TE, MLB and nose tackle have all been filled by what look like very solid players who can be day 1 starters

You wouldn’t be going out of your way to get to any of the London games anyway. Jags playing there twice :roll_eyes:

Dolphins and Chiefs in Germany would be a cracker

1 Like

Lions to open the season @Big_Dan_Campbell … :flushed:

The New England Patriots announced that they will play their Week 10 regular season home game in Frankfurt, Germany on November 12, 2023, against the Indianapolis Colts.

1 Like

Get used to the Lions on prime time.

I think in honour of Big Dan I will try and preface all my grid iron posts with “I tell you what, man,”

4 Likes

I tell you what, man, looks like it is the Packers on thanksgiving and vikings on Christmas eve

josh allen bowl