🏈 Super Bowl XLVIII- The Path to Meadowlands

:rolleyes:

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

There’s a good podcast on it. He was an utter scumbag.

1 Like

And what are you going to call your autobiography?(sorry I had to before someone else did!)

He was as good as Gronk in his first two seasons with the Pats. They covered up his criminal behavior just like Florida did. I’d hold Florida and Urban Meyer more responsible for convincing him to leave high school early. American football is a gladiator sport and leaves many casualties in its wake, but nobody cares.

2 Likes

Yes, yes I do.

1 Like

yeah his highschool principal seems very regretful that he allowed him to leave early. I think his biggest issue too was that the Pats drafted him and brought him back to all the shite in Connecticut. Had he left Florida and went west or somewhere else, who knows. To be honest though, I reckon he’d still have been as bad anywhere, but it probably wasnt the best move to go back home.

He was a fantastic player. At his peak, he was a greater weapon than Gronk. You know what Gronk does, makes his run and physically outpowers his opponent and is a brilliant catcher. But Hernandez could line up in any position. He was used as a complete wide out, slot, tight end and often too as a running back. His versatility and ability was enormous and his potential to be one of the greats was there too. But ultimately, he was a fucking scumbag and enabled by all around him and did what he did.

1 Like

Very hard to blame someone who was brain damaged essentially and had a traumatic childhood. How much control had he, what hope had he.

I always thought bill took tebow in just to try and keep and eye on him.

1 Like

The childhood issues probably far worse — it meant that once the effects of cte took effect it kind of unleashed years of repressed anger and hurt. A tragic story all round …

1 Like

this was a sports illustrated piece with DJ Hernandez from a couple of years back. I remember it being a good read back then.

1 Like

Will there even be nfl in twenty years or any contact sport. I remember hearing bennett omalu on a radio show before, saying basketball was the only safe sport, and no one under 18 should be in any contact situation. Ice hockey is having a serious problem grappling with it. While in the US sports might be a way out for people from tough or poverty stricken situations and you could argue the benefits outweigh the injury middle class canadians don’t need it as an escape route, if you will, and are starting to question the risk reward

1 Like

AB

Middle class parents in Ireland are facing the same dilemma with rubby.

Thats arguably the most key component of Canadian culture though. Rubby is a fad

1 Like

I was hoping the cunt would drop it on his foot.

Can we keep all this in the appropriate thread? Not sure why this one was bumped.

2 Likes

This one’s done.

LIV is here: