Super League

Publicity stunt or good idea?
I like it myself.

Sundays historic ClubCall announcement where Leeds Rhinos will choose their semi-final opponents in the engage Super League play-offs will be broadcast live on both Sky Sports News and BBC Twos Super League Show at 1.30pm.

In a first for any world sport, Leeds will become the first team in history to be given the opportunity to select their play-off opponents. The defending champions will be able to choose between the winners of Fridays clash between Huddersfield and Catalans Dragons or Saturdays game between Hull KR and Wigan Warriors.

The team not picked by the Rhinos will face St Helens, who booked their Qualifying Semi-final place by defeating Huddersfield Giants 15-2.

Craig Spence, the RFLs Communications Manager, said: Sundays ClubCall announcement is the most eagerly anticipated piece of news in Rugby League since last years licensing announcement and has already generated a significant amount of interest.

Each position in this years eight team play-off comes with a reward and there is no greater reward for topping the league and winning your first play-off game than being able to choose your semi-final opponents.

The excitement ahead of Sunday is growing each day and it is proving to be a real talking point amongst supporters, players, officials and the media. Sunday will be a great day for the sport.

This season Leeds Rhinos have a 100 per cent win record against Hull KR and Huddersfield Giants two of the sides they could possibly choose on Sunday and a 50 per cent win record against Wigan Warriors and Catalans Dragons.

In the Rhinos last game against Wigan Warriors in July, Brian McClennans men were defeated 28-10 at the DW Stadium and when they last travelled to the South of France Catalans ran out 32-30 victors.

speaking of RL

sick to see that the broncos were hammered by the storm this weekend

Rugby League is shite

Red card two minutes into the Grand Final

http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--jpjntHWT--/c_fit,fl_progressive,q_80,w_636/jptzwevjexy53o09o8ns.gif

That gif doesn’t do it justice either. There was a forearm smash followed by a right hook to knock the St Helens player out before he got the dig on the ground

[MEDIA=vine]OADFduWqV9x[/MEDIA]

A good thing it wasn’t rugby union as the lad would probably have started raping him after he knocked him out.

If it was a footballer that did it he’d be arrested coming off the pitch.

There’s a difference - footballers are gentlemen.

Like something that you would see them repressed homosexuals in the UFC do

Bullshit decision. The saints lad should have seen red as well. Scandalous refereeing to miss that. Stupid from Wigan but the ref or his assistants should have picked up the thuggery that provoked it. Wanted saints to win at the start but was rooting for Wigan after that.

Why don’t you put up the whole incident chewy ?

Don’t mind having a pop off me

I don’t create gifs just post what I saw on twitter. See my post after the gif where I said there was more to it.

Either you’re a WUM or a complete fucking eejit.

I don’t mind at all :slight_smile:

Why don’t you watch it?

[QUOTE=“The Big Cheese, post: 1029711, member: 1137”]Don’t mind having a pop off me

I don’t create gifs just post what I saw on twitter. See my post after the gif where I said there was more to it.[/QUOTE]
Ps can’t see that post.

I’ve watched it a few times, yer man Flower was probably justified to give the other bloke a box, but to punch him in the face when he was unconscious was an utter disgrace, the guy is a fucking degenerate.

Video of the incident is here…

http://www1.skysports.com/watch/video/9513493/flower-sees-red-in-grand-final-

Didn’t say it wasn’t a disgrace, but it looked a premeditated act of thuggery on a lad wound up to the hilt at the start of the biggest game of the year for him. What I said was that the saints lad should have got red as well.

There’s no way the Saints lad deserved a red for that ffs, that’s pure shite talk.