Superbowl LII - The Purple Rainy Road to Mary Tyler Moore's Minneapolis

Hes only 21 and was statistically best safety in NFL this year. The amount of abuse he is getting is ridiculous. It was a horrendous mistake to make and one that will be played over and over again when 2017 is in the bank. Thats the naivete of youth though. Hopefully he comes back better. Potential to be next Earl Thomas.

Just very poor situational awareness. The hit if he connected with diggs might have driven him out of bounds which would have set up a winning field goal. Youth and adrenaline i suppose.

The smart play would have been to leave him catch it and wrap him with a tackle in field. There were 14 seconds left when Keenum took the snap. 8 or 9 when Diggs came down with the ball. They wouldn’t have had time to spike the ball and get field goal unit on.

Ah lads.

I dozed off midway through 3rd Q, awoke and said the Vikings were sure fire winners so hit the hay.
By fuck did I miss a mother & father of a finish.

even less time, there was ten seconds left on the third down snap, and about 4 when Diggs landed. Situational football, it’s why Belichick is such a bore

What manner of cheating did Bill get up to over the weekend to help the jags win?

They won the night before, so the Steelers were all revved up for that. Clever belichick, getting his game on first. They moaned about that last year too the fucking bumble bee bastards.

1 Like

if ever there was a video version of “oooofffffttt”, this must be it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6EjxsS1Gvc

3 Likes

Tom will shut those boys up next week

I think the Saints D exposed how to upset Keenum and get him making those dodgy decisions in the 3rd and 4th Q as they piled on pressure. The Eagles D have been given the template for what to do (if they didn’t already) and while they don’t have the same talent at QB, they won’t be run all over in the first half like the Saints were. A close tight affair with Ajayi and Blount doing a lot of pounding with the Eagles winning 14-12 or something like that.

Pat the Patriot! :joy:

So they need to get pressure on the QB?

cc @Bandage

1 Like

:rollseyes:

Yeah, and if they score more than the opposition they might have a chance of winning too

U wot?

On the Vikings last play, I think Williams deliberately avoided contact with Diggs at the last second to avoid a PI. The last thing he would have heard on the sideline was do not give up a PI. Realistically the two hopes the Vikings had a was a receiver catching and getting out of bounds, or a PI. I think Williams thought he was a fraction too early and would have hit Diggs before the ball got there, therefore PI. Problem was there was no defender behind him and he took out the other defender who would likely have tacked Diggs after the catch. Easy to call in hindsight but the best play was to let Diggs catch it and then wrap him up and prevent him getting out of bounds, game over.

2 Likes

They seemed to have been far better set up on the previous play to do this, when they showed the overhead angle and you can see the defenders basically ignoring the man coverage and guarding the sidelines and leaving the entire middle open. The next play didnt look as good from a contain perspective as Williams was on top of Diggs far too quick.

@Bandage something incredible seems to have happened in a match last. I’ve not idea what.
Please link me up with the VT and talk me through why this is so big?

Mike Mularkey has been shit canned in Tennesse. Time to bring Jeff Fisher back home!

Great insight from @Mac there

They need to get pressure on the QB and then they need to score themselves. Genius!