Superleague 2010

Doesn’t get any better than this. If you’re looking to fill time you could do worse than watch Wigan v st helens now. My money is in the home side. Cracking atmosphere.

I think I’ll stick with the NY derby thanks.

Just reading that former Wigan player Terry Newton hanged himself today. TFKCSC were actually talking about him in the pub yesterday. :blink:

Just after reading that now - eerie timing given our fond recollections of him while sitting on republican barstools on Saturday.

Sad stuff. Never really got to terms with his suspension it seems, though he was a troubled sort anyway.

Superleague Grand Final is on tonight at 6pm.

St Helens v Wigan in a classic final.

Should be well worth a watch.

I’ll be backing Wigan in this. St Helens are missing Kyle Eastmond who is out with an ankle injury that has been troubling him for a few weeks. He’s a sensational player I think and I don’t think they’ll be as potent or as accurate in their attacking game without him. Would be nice for Cunningham to go out with another winners’ medal but I don’t think St Helens will be able to live with Wigan tonight. They’ve actually improved as the season has gone on I think and Richards and Tomkins are in such good form that they’ll cause trouble for any defence.

Bets for me:
Sam Tomkins - anytime tryscorer at 4/6
Wigan - over 21.5 points 4/5
Wign - over 3.5 tries 4/5

Wigan with an early try from Gleeson.

Bet365 were a bit late changing their in-running betting and allowed more on Wigan -4 @6/5 after the try had been scored.

Warriors very impressive in the early exchanges anyway.

A magnificent second try. What a break from Tomkins originally.

As good as Wigan are playing this is miserable stuff from St Helens.

Wigan have 3 tries on the board already. I just hope my usual betting subscribers are on board with my bets above.

Some superb tipping, fairly peeved that I forgot to back them after I said I would…The lad Tomkins looks a special talent

Ah lovely

Tomkins is unreal. Fast as fuck, strong, lovely running style - always finds the gaps. Great hands and really sound defence. The real deal.

Wigan leading the Superleague final by 2 points with 17 mins left. Warrington look out on their feet and hard to see them winning from here.

Warrington the greatest shower of chokers,they led 16-2 at one stage and now trail 24-16 :confused:

Gutted for my beloved Wire, despite me forgetting this was on. This defeat hits harder than the IRA bomb in 1993. But a thrilling finale to the world’s premier club rugby competition all the same. What a year for sport in my beloved Wigan.

Come on the Wigan lads :clap::clap::pint::pint: