1 Like

Gwan Flatty. Some man.

2 Likes

What’s this about fellas?

1 Like

http://www.galwaybayswim.com/

Flatty’s annual bath. Good luck with it lad

2 Likes

Well that was tough. Rough today. Way harder than last year. Thanks to all of ye. I’m fair sickened now. Drank a litre of seawater I’d say. I’m glad it’s finished. Really glad.

30 Likes

Well done. :wave::wave:

1 Like

Good man flatty. Legendary

1 Like

Drink a few pints, that will help you vomit up the sea water. Or should that be the other way around?

Fair play anyway…

2 Likes

When are we meeting up for scoops, pal?

AISF :+1::+1:

This year smart arses

3 Likes

Well done, flatty pal.

1 Like

Thanks. It was not a pleasant morning. Bleh.

Fair play to you Flatty.

1 Like

How many turds did you swallow?

I wasn’t in malahide or portmarnock pal.

11 Likes

@flattythehurdler did some loons swim this without a wet suit?

Good time btw. You must have happy with that.

Slower than last year. I had a lad over to crew who decided he wanted to swim the first 2.5k to the boat and then climb on. There was such a swell he got lost and I was twenty minutes at the first buoy waiting til the boat found him. Was beginning to worry he’d drowned. You couldn’t see a thing because of the swell. I left nothing out there that’s for sure. Strong current getting in. I was rarely as glad to finish anything. The two lads over with me finished first and third. I’m back at Dublin airport now. Have a wedding in manc at twelve. London tomorrow. Fml.

10 Likes

You’re some man for punishment. Fair play.

1 Like

Ps a few did. They were generally fuller coated than me. They have my utmost respect that’s for sure. It was a different beast to last year. Once you got about a kilometre out the waves were such that you couldn’t see anything. The mist came in. I kept swimming and was eventually stopped by a lad on s skidoo thing who told me I was headed back to shore. Luckily he led me back.out. Other lads swam to what they thought was a marker boat but this one was a lad doing lobster pots away out the far side. It gave me a deeper respect for the dangers of the sea. Twas rough in the middle as the wind swung West and the big waves rolled in.
Done now anyway.

2 Likes