Tallaght Community Stadium

[quote=ā€œChocolateMiceā€]My History ? you trying to chat me up or what???

Iā€™m from Limerick, and if itā€™s our history you want check the six one news archieves, we are in it most nights !

You can have Tone and Emmet for all they are worth, and every body knows 16 was a culchie operation for the most part, Jesus didnā€™t the people of Dublin boo and heckle them as they were being led away from the GPO. More of that Anglican ascendancy your forefathers had we spoke of earlierā€¦

Everybody knows the real fighting took place in Munster for the most part.[/quote]

au contraire , only one munster man signed the proclamation ,2 connaught men, 2 dubs & 2 of the diaspora

Like i said, most of the real fighting afterwards took place in Munsterā€¦ The reast talked, used fancy words and signed proclamations. We rolled our sleves up spat on both hands and got on with fighting the tans.

A little piece you may not know about Limerick history tho, interesting enough readā€¦ http://www.limericksoviet.com

Sure wasnā€™t it a munster man who taught them Dublin vikings a lesson in 1014.

[quote=ā€œChocolateMiceā€]Like i said, most of the real fighting afterwards took place in Munsterā€¦ The reast talked, used fancy words and signed proclamations. We rolled our sleves up spat on both hands and got on with fighting the tans.

A little piece you may not know about Limerick history tho, interesting enough readā€¦ http://www.limericksoviet.com[/quote]

Sean South is the exception that proves the rule about Limerick & the fact that CM didnt mention him says it all , odd that i ask CM about limerick rebellions & he talsk about munster not limerick:p

Well if you clicked on the link you would have read about one, i thought it would be a good idea to let you read it and form your own judgement.

There was the rebellion of 1641 which was part of the greater Irish rebellion (confederate)

And of course the siege of Limerick, which was the last great stand of the Irish nobilityā€¦

Why do i mention Munster so much? thats just the way it is down here, great rivalry but also great affinity . Most of it built up through sport which brings us back to the original point. Culchies are much better at sport, and rebellions

Ah sher, yee always have fair city and capital d !

[quote=ā€œChocolateMiceā€]Well if you clicked on the link you would have read about one, i thought it would be a good idea to let you read it and form your own judgement.

There was the rebellion of 1641 which was part of the greater Irish rebellion (confederate)

And of course the siege of Limerick, which was the last great stand of the Irish nobilityā€¦

Why do i mention Munster so much? thats just the way it is down here, great rivalry but also great affinity . Most of it built up through sport which brings us back to the original point. Culchies are much better at sport, and rebellions

Ah sher, yee always have fair city and capital d ![/quote]

the siege of limerick? they were fighting for one person to be a brit king over another person to be a brit king & surrendered a year later - wow

Well they werenā€™t out on the streets of Limerick welcoming the English monarch ala the Dubs with their little union jacks (jackeens) in 1900.

[quote=ā€œnorth county corncrakeā€]that GAA isnt that popular in Tallaght,

Dublin has the largest population by far but hasnt won the AI for 13 years - why is that ? certainly not because country folk are better at sport(fuck all connaught people have ever played for Ireland) -Dublins Abysmal underage record suggests that the players arent there - the reason being no one plays it[/quote]

Good to see your calling it the GAA now NCC. The window lickers have turned you.

Eric Elwood, Phil Matthews are two connacht lads off top of my head have played for Ireland

What capacity is the stadium out there going to be when finished?

[quote=ā€œdancarterā€]Good to see your calling it the GAA now NCC. The window lickers have turned you.

Eric Elwood, Phil Matthews are two connacht lads off top of my head have played for Ireland[/quote]

huh?

think its 6k first going up to 10k - the FAI will hold underage internationals there

as i said the fact that the siege of limerick was mentioned ahead of Sean South is case closed & if you want to take it munster wise - i heard you were overjoyed to welcom major & to honour him

The fact that somebody else mentioned somebody else before you reckon he should have mentioned somebody else means case closed. Fair enough.

he choose the jacobites vs the williamites as his example of the struggle for Irish freedom & Limerick ahead of its great son Sean South - case closed indeed

he was saying that Dublin was more west brit than limerick & the example he used to show this was a battle about who would be the king of england that took place in limerick & arent the carkies called rebels because they wanted 1 guy to be the king of england instead of another

not to mention the ā€œrebelsā€ in the north cork militia

http://www.lewrockwell.com/dieteman/dieteman19.html

[quote=ā€œartfoleyā€]not to mention the ā€œrebelsā€ in the north cork militia

http://www.lewrockwell.com/dieteman/dieteman19.html[/quote]

the munster spirit indeed

The simple fact stands the most successful rebellion staged in Ireland, was the War Of Independence (the clue is in the title). This was fought by and large in Munster, from the villages of west limerick to the streets of Cork. Dublin obviously played itā€™s role but the real damage was done in Munster.

This is a pretty retarded arguement anyways. All these great mean didnā€™t die for Limerick, Cork, Dublin or Longford. Munster or Leinster. They fought and died for Ireland as a whole.

If it wasnā€™t for their heroic sacfrices, we wouldnā€™t have the great country we have today, where we can afford to grant stadiums to minority sports such as senior soccer.

[quote=ā€œThe Runtā€]The simple fact stands the most successful rebellion staged in Ireland, was the War Of Independence (the clue is in the title). This was fought by and large in Munster, from the villages of west limerick to the streets of Cork. Dublin obviously played itā€™s role but the real damage was done in Munster.

This is a pretty retarded arguement anyways. All these great mean didnā€™t die for Limerick, Cork, Dublin or Longford. Munster or Leinster. They fought and died for Ireland as a whole.

If it wasnā€™t for their heroic sacfrices, we wouldnā€™t have the great country we have today, where we can afford to grant stadiums to minority sports such as senior soccer.[/quote]

yeah ,hopefully choclate mouse stops going on threads calling people west brits etc - can you have a word with him

also just to clarify - we have 26/32 counties of our country now

canā€™t help noticing the cloud of multiple user-umbus over this thread.

go ahead cruxify me.

Here, have an free education on me.

http://www.clanomore.com/pass_of_plumes.htm