Teachers

Some amount of bullshit on this thread, but this takes the biscuit.

6 Likes

A bit of humour is no harm among the postings of bitter lunatics

As I said I am in favor of higher pay for teachers, but linked to performance. Salaries are very low in the US for public school teachers and there is zero accountability, poor teachers are certainly not few and far between, in fact I would say the average attitude of teachers is apathy. I agree teaching is a very important job and serves a very important role in society, so pay them more, reward excellence, and get rid of those that are in the wrong job.

What’s your metric for a good primary School teacher?

Yes. You take away people who do it for a doss job.

Metrics surely? Ability to teach would be the primary one, like at any level of education.

There she goes again. All fluff and you’ve still failed to address any point with anything resembling substance.

Well look at the dross they’re churning out these days. There should be widescale paycuts. They might sharpen up then.

1 Like

Fair enough, for a while I thought you were serious.

Don’t think so. Unless ITdepartments become less protective of their shiny boxes.

1 Like

:thinking:

Robotics will make it easier for those that know how to manipulate them.

Lazy cunts who don’t want to progress may well get the kick up the arse they need.

Yerra robotics has been around for years. A lot of it is just VBA and SAP scripting with a bit better PR.

1 Like

Exactly…if you know what you’re doing its not going to impact you…regardless of the industry that you’re in.

1 Like

Principals do work a full year.

Principals are very iften some of the hardesr working people on this island.

Behind every decent school is an incredibly hard working principal. Never came across any different

2 Likes

Kids love going to school

What are you smoking?

Some kids do.some dont

yeah but shur that’s why we had the non exam leagues in TYO and 5th year
they were great crack, 12 a side and trips to cloughduv and ballineen and other mad spots

i wouldnt see anything wrong with the extra maths , the whole “frowned upon” is neither here nor there, that’s just opinion and is probably derived from rumour and gossip.

some lads need to work their ass off to get a C in hons maths, u need (ed) it for eng degrees entry level back in my day and i say fair play to the teachers who want to help kids who are interested in trying to do well and can only get there via hard work…

Well kinda. They may not like the school work. But they might love the teacher. Thats a big help for everyone