Teachers

In that survey? No, education, health etc are all treated independently.

but legal engineering etc aren’t?

Why do you say they aren’t? All it said was its average figures across all sectors and that some higher salaries are not recorded in other sectors. Do you understand the term average as a quantitative measure?

how is it an average if some higher salaries are not recorded?

How do you think? It’s the average of recorded salaries. Do you think the average graduate salary is more than 38k?

starting-salaries

that is four years old, where do teachers fall in there?

well it would be if they recorded higher salaries like law wouldn’t it

They are not differentiated in the public sector there. Teachers have much better starting salaries than the likes of nurses, guards and other public servants (as well as shorter working hours and more annual leave) so the starting salary is likely brought down by the lesser paid, harder working colleagues.

I don’t know mate. I can only go by what is recorded.

I wouldn’t want to work in secondary myself, it’s a different job,

And yard duty is often torture, walking around in circles it is not,

But I never complain about my work circumstances or pay, it’s a great job, suits me fine but it wouldn’t be for everybody,
It’s very important work though, I’m certain of that, and if you pay peanuts you’ll get monkeys

3 Likes

The certainly got a right monkey in you anyway.

Asian parents, I bet

Nope. They doorstepped you. It was the rich westerners who rrang you demanding things.

How much would a Principal earn?

€80k.

Not half enough these days, you wouldn’t wish it on your worst enemy in many cases

1 Like

It’s a sad indictment of an education system that the clown who wrote the Irish Independent article and the clown quoting it don’t know the difference between an average number and a median number.

3 Likes

Its not their job to promote the GGA, teaching kids to be bigots is disgusting

Half of the posters on here are below average