Temporary logo

As requested by Bandage. You might need to press Ctrl+F5 to see the new logo because it’s cached on most browsers I’d say.

Also Rocko, I couldnt see it because I had clicked the middle one of the white , black/white and black circles at the top right hand side of the site. You need to have the white one clicked to view the new logo

That’s true. I wasn’t arsed making three of them with different colour texts. Good point though.

Great Logo, it gets a prestigious Benny Shermin seal of approval.

Ah yeah. Just wanted to let everyone else know.

Love it so much it’s my sig. :grin:

I’m going to try outdo Brendan O’Connor and John Waters over the next few days with the odd little sentence or paragraph about Katy and how much she meant to me.

Instalment Number 1:

I didn’t even know Katy but her sense of fun and mischief radiated out through our TV screens and from our newspapers over the past few years. Her beautifully sunny disposition brightened up my life whenever I felt dark and lonely. Though I didn’t know Katy as a friend, she was my friend. I’ll miss you Katy but I’ll think about you and smile every time I eat French Toast.

Bandage wrote:

I’m going to try outdo Brendan O’Connor and John Waters over the next few days with the odd little sentence or paragraph about Katy and how much she meant to me.

Instalment Number 1:

I didn’t even know Katy but her sense of fun and mischief radiated out through our TV screens and from our newspapers over the past few years. Her beautifully sunny disposition brightened up my life whenever I felt dark and lonely. Though I didn’t know Katy as a friend, she was my friend. I’ll miss you Katy but I’ll think about you and smile every time I eat French Toast.

http://aggrosiv.ag.funpic.de/home/sb/images/smiley/rofl.gifhttp://aggrosiv.ag.funpic.de/home/sb/images/smiley/rofl.gifhttp://aggrosiv.ag.funpic.de/home/sb/images/smiley/rofl.gifhttp://aggrosiv.ag.funpic.de/home/sb/images/smiley/rofl.gifhttp://aggrosiv.ag.funpic.de/home/sb/images/smiley/rofl.gifhttp://aggrosiv.ag.funpic.de/home/sb/images/smiley/rofl.gifhttp://aggrosiv.ag.funpic.de/home/sb/images/smiley/rofl.gifhttp://aggrosiv.ag.funpic.de/home/sb/images/smiley/rofl.gif

Bandage wrote:

Instalment Number 1:

I never read the Waters article(someone post it) but was greatly touched by O’Connor’s heartfelt eulogy. That a gifted writer such as he might lift our hearts by opening his own private window into Katy’s world, we are truly blessed. I never even cracked one off to Katy, though had I known of her existance, I surely would. Her death feels like a hammerblow, twice inflicted, for not only have we lost her, but now our other, poorer celebrities shall move up the ladder of fame. McFadden, Yer One With The Eyebrows and indeed O’Connor himself will need to fill the radiant void.

We had a hamster once. His name was Jesper, after a fleet footed Dane. He died and we were sad. We buried Jesper, in a touching family ceremony. Later, we found out that Hamsters hibernate. Our grief doubled. I too have seen sorrow.

Waters yesterday in The Irish Times:

I am crying, writing this. How can you cry for someone you`ve only once said hello to? Katy was the daughter of our dreams, in the sense that it was the dreams of her people that gave birth to what is tritely called her celebrity. We have these words to box off the lucky/unlucky ones who act out our fantasies, while we stick safely to the grandstand. We refer to them as celebs, implying a different species. But they are human beings, filled like the rest of us with desire, distinguished only by willingness/ opportunity to rush in where others fear to tread.

The old saw has it wrong: those who volunteer to act out our fantasies in public are both fools and angels. Driven by longing beyond knowing, their folly arises from a failure of awareness, experience, wisdom.

Driven by angelic recall, they plod on clay feet into the mire of three-dimensional reality. They do not know, are not conscious, that their appetites are infinitely greater than the world`s capacity to satisfy them.

Katy French was a personification of our fantasies, of our sense of what we were becoming, of how we might unfold ourselves. She was not the only one, but in the immediate past was perhaps the most spectacular light on the skyline, a meteorite of desire plummeting through the Irish zeitgeist. You may dismiss it as frivolity but only, with respect, if you think in cliches and fixate on the superficial. For most of us, it is not wisdom that keeps us from danger, but lack of opportunity, or fear, or a deadly piety posing as virtue. Katy had found a way of being that promised her it could slake all her human cravings. She had manoeuvred herself into a position where everything humanly desirable seemed to be within reach, and was careering forward on the path opening up in front of her.

She did not, other than literally, die of whatever it will say on her death certificate. She died of desire, of being utterly human.
What can I say? The dream is over.

As for lessons, I don`t know. In the past decade, we have, most of us, conducted searches for meaning in places previously inaccessible to us. We acquired means and freedom beyond our wildest.

We knew that money couldn`t buy us love, but still gave it a shot. We sensed that freedom is a complicated word, but tried to keep it simple. Be, for tomorrow we die.

Her stunning beauty
like a magnificent glow
Her skin so pure
as the driven snow
Those who knew her
will certainly mourn
But we who didn’t
still feel just as sore;
For Cupid had fired
his finest spear
And pierced the hearts
of those far and near;

We all fell in love
with her beatiful grace
That sparkle in the eyes,
that picture perfect face.
She knew me not I’m afraid
but I loved her still
She was my greatest desire,
my most secret thrill
She was my life, my love,
the wind that shook my barley
But she loved someone else,
the demon named charlie.

She was our Irish princess,
our queen on high
She was our JFK,
our Lady Di.
She was our Jimmy Dean
our Mahatma Gandhi
Till she took a shine
to white nose candy
Like those other stars
of world renown
God came calling
and beckoned her home.

Coke came and took
my love from me
My brightest spark,
my precious Katy

Truly beautiful. Katy would have liked have it.

She was my life, my love,
the wind that shook my barley
But she loved someone else,
the demon named charlie.

Awesome

I wonder what Katy sprinkled her French toast with!

I reckon we should have a Jade Goody one now…

[quote=“Bandage”]Waters yesterday in The Irish Times:

I am crying, writing this. How can you cry for someone you`ve only once said hello to? Katy was the daughter of our dreams, in the sense that it was the dreams of her people that gave birth to what is tritely called her celebrity. We have these words to box off the lucky/unlucky ones who act out our fantasies, while we stick safely to the grandstand. We refer to them as celebs, implying a different species. But they are human beings, filled like the rest of us with desire, distinguished only by willingness/ opportunity to rush in where others fear to tread.

The old saw has it wrong: those who volunteer to act out our fantasies in public are both fools and angels. Driven by longing beyond knowing, their folly arises from a failure of awareness, experience, wisdom.

Driven by angelic recall, they plod on clay feet into the mire of three-dimensional reality. They do not know, are not conscious, that their appetites are infinitely greater than the world`s capacity to satisfy them.

Katy French was a personification of our fantasies, of our sense of what we were becoming, of how we might unfold ourselves. She was not the only one, but in the immediate past was perhaps the most spectacular light on the skyline, a meteorite of desire plummeting through the Irish zeitgeist. You may dismiss it as frivolity but only, with respect, if you think in cliches and fixate on the superficial. For most of us, it is not wisdom that keeps us from danger, but lack of opportunity, or fear, or a deadly piety posing as virtue. Katy had found a way of being that promised her it could slake all her human cravings. She had manoeuvred herself into a position where everything humanly desirable seemed to be within reach, and was careering forward on the path opening up in front of her.

She did not, other than literally, die of whatever it will say on her death certificate. She died of desire, of being utterly human.
What can I say? The dream is over.

As for lessons, I don`t know. In the past decade, we have, most of us, conducted searches for meaning in places previously inaccessible to us. We acquired means and freedom beyond our wildest.

We knew that money couldn`t buy us love, but still gave it a shot. We sensed that freedom is a complicated word, but tried to keep it simple. Be, for tomorrow we die.[/quote]

I reckon her fitness dvds must be going through a bit of a sales slump.

Im more than happy to whip up a TFK Goody logo.

Go for it flano, its only right, like katy was our princess di, for jade is the princess di of knackers all over.