Terrorism Thread. The terror of another nembo kev thread

[QUOTE=“Julio Geordio, post: 1069177, member: 332”]http://www.nationsonline.org/bilder/third_world_map.jpg

Anywhere in green we care deeply about.
Yellow we kind of care but not as much.
Red we wouldn’t even hear about it.[/QUOTE]
That classification of countries on that map looks a bit dodgy to me.

While there is phenomenal resources they mostly live well below what we perceive as poverty. However while they have issues, mostly with alcohol, depression and suicide, they are on the whole by all accounts an extremely happy and “at peace” society. I think Denmark has a huge control over resources.

[QUOTE=“Lazarus, post: 1069187, member: 286”]Dunno why that attatchment appeard on my previous comment but on Satire, here are a couple of Punch cartoons from the olden days
[ATTACH=full]2162[/ATTACH]

[SIZE=3]At least we never got thick about it cos you know, we believed in free speech and all that other funky good stuff[/SIZE][/QUOTE]

Inherent in the right to free speech is the right to be offended. The two are not mutually exclusive.

They’re not that happy over there as a 2010 census showed they had the highest suicide rate in the world.

[QUOTE=“Lazarus, post: 1069187, member: 286”]Dunno why that attatchment appeard on my previous comment but on Satire, here are a couple of Punch cartoons from the olden days

[SIZE=3]At least we never got thick about it cos you know, we believed in free speech and all that other funky good stuff[/SIZE][/QUOTE]

The good old days? Theres retards signing petitions to have a show poking fun at the famine not aired, instead of an intelligent riposte like a show, play or even article about british atrocities for example

Greenland is part of the Kingdom of Denmark, but is largely autonomous

I would imagine there is a high crossover between the people signing such petitions and people writing #jesuischarlie on their Twitter accounts.

I think Laz is trying to associate getting “thick about it” as the same as gunning down journalists.

Had a crack squad of the Invincibles ever gone in and laid waste to the entire office of Punch magazine I’d say many an Irishman would have cried for joy. Certainly the barstoolers would.

The permanently outraged

First world countries are capitalist countries. Second world countries are communist countries. Third world countries are the shit countries that are left over.

First world vs second world is nothing to do with wealth or living standards.

Take that back :mad:

[QUOTE=“briantinnion, post: 1069202, member: 6”]First world countries are capitalist countries. Second world countries are communist countries. Third world countries are the shit countries that are left over.

First world vs second world is nothing to do with wealth or living standards.[/QUOTE]

@briantinnion is correct

NATO v Warsaw Pact

Ireland was and is a third world country as neutral

[QUOTE=“briantinnion, post: 1069202, member: 6”]First world countries are capitalist countries. Second world countries are communist countries. Third world countries are the shit countries that are left over.

First world vs second world is nothing to do with wealth or living standards.[/QUOTE]
Somalia is probably the most capitalist country in the world.

Small government, virtually no state services, freedom to arm yourself.

The offices of Charlie Hebdo after the attack, as published in Le Monde:

http://s2.lemde.fr/image/2015/01/08/534x0/4551819_6_9216_2015-01-08-78730c9-14051-dh8p5o_7346007ba3c500171b09ae5dabe6ec0e.jpg

They’re robots? :eek::eek::eek:

This needs to be called out as the pathetically lame effort it is.

Slightly different context, mate. Paddy was made out to be an ape to excuse colonialism and the proselytising efforts of the Brits- We were rendered hapless over a number of centuries by these efforts- Most of the cartoons regarding Islam are attacking extremism— anyway, how many Punch staff members were knocked off?

Agreed. The satire wouldn’t be edgy if no one got offended by it. It’s the level of reaction as opposed to the level of offense that is the issue here.

The Irish Times effort