Terrorism Thread. The terror of another nembo kev thread

IAltnaveigh was in 1922 so no relevance to the NI troubles which is what is under discussion

Kingsmills was in retaliation for escalating loyalist and British forces slaughter of innocent Catholics. It was the IRA telling the loyalists we are willing to go all the way to out and out civil war if you continue.

Darkley was the INLA, agree as insane as ISiS.

Guildford was pubs frequented by British army so justified military target

Birmingham, warnings were phoned in, otherwise why were police clearing the pubs? Those involved admitted their earlier attempts to phone in warnings were twarted by inoperable phone boxes.

Besides all that, your central argument of comparing IRA atrocities to ISIS atrocities is deeply flawed due to motivation and justification.

1 Like

What are ye Wexford lads hiding now eh?

If somewhere in your twisted mind you can somehow justify murdering innocent people for no reason other than their religion then you are one fucked up person.

Agree. Thatā€™s my whole argument.

But the likes of Warrenpoint is something which I applaud to be honest. The little guy, after nearly 10 years of attempted obliteration by the big colonial power, target occupying forces in an ingenious bomb attack and blow 18 of them away.

:thinking:

Somewhere there is a radical Muslim saying the same thing about the Manchester attacks

Bloody hell - did you not read the remainder of my post. And the one before.

:joy:

2 Likes

Leave him go Dan. Sure he thinks mullaghmore was great even though 2 kids and an 84 year old woman died

1 Like

ISIS attack on the Iranian parliament. Four gunmen, suicide bomber, MPs taken hostage. Attack on the same scale at the shrine of Khomeini.

1 Like

Donā€™t mess with Millwall supporters. :slight_smile:

I started the discussion. I set the terms of it, not you. Altnaveigh was carried out by Irish Republicans. The year it happened in is irrelevant.

No argument about its moral equivalence to ISIS from you.

Deliberate civilian slaughter based on religion.

You can come up with any justification you want.

ISIS can do the same.

Itā€™s irrelevant who it was.

Darkley, like Kingsmills, was also claimed to be ā€œretaliationā€.

So why is Darkley equivalent to ISIS but Kingsmills not?

A no warning bomb in a pub. A pub means civilians.

Fair enough, if there was a warning.

How so? Iā€™m an Irish Republican who votes Sinn Fein, whereas I despise ISIS.

Given that, one might expect me to be making the opposite argument to what Iā€™m making, ie. what youā€™re arguing, but that wouldnā€™t be an honest argument.

What about the Lee Rigby murder? He was a British soldier. Whatā€™s your stance on whether that was morally equivalent to IRA killings of British soldiers in Britain?

Now now tass, that direct interview is clearly not a reputable source.

Teresa may is like a very early prototype of a call centre robot.

4 Likes

Trump will surely now have to tweet his support for these attacks?

This should make Britain safer.

He probably saw the Arsenal jersey on the jihadi and didnā€™t realise what the fight was about

4 Likes

They dont know what they are for or against at this stage

Youā€™d nearly wonder if the tories are trying to lose.

1 Like

The Tories have all the knowledge and decisiveness on policies of a confused couple on Play Your Cards Right as Bruce Forsyth asks them do they want to go higher or lower.