Terrorism Thread. The terror of another nembo kev thread

Just daft

You didnā€™t start the discussion, the discussion was started by my stating to @Fagan_ODowd that there was no moral equivalence between the NI conflict (note the ā€œNIā€) and Islamist extremism. You interjected that there were lots of actions from both conflicts which were equivalent, which has nothing to do with my point. My point is the motivation and justification for the overall conflict, which determines whether any action is justified. Whether you are a claimed Republican also has nothing to do with the discussion, only a narcissist would want to make the discussion about themselves.

The Lee Rigby killing is actually a wonderful example to back up my argument i.e. Islamist extremism is motivated almost exclusively by an insane ideology that poisons what were presumably healthy minds at one point. If the perpetrators have been Iraqis or Afghanis who were retaliating against British / Western wars in their countries, then it can be argued that it was political. The perpetrators were British Christians of Nigerian descent, who converted to Islam. The motivation to carry out the attack was clearly the insane ideology they adopted.

Your argument has been rubbished. In any conflict or war there are going to be examples of atrocities such as Kingmills, Birmingham, Dresden, Hiroshima, etc. The morality of any such action has to be judged in the context of whether the overall conflict was justified. There is no justification for an Islamic jihad, whether it is against fellow Muslims (the great majority of the killings) or against those of other beliefs or no belief, as it is simply based on insanity.

Where did I justify any murder? The only moral judgement I have given is that an argument can be made that the IRA campaign was justified, an argument you appear to support given your applause for Warrenpoint and Mullaghmore.

You are the one who was singing songs about the murder of two children, so I suggest you look inward for the answer to your question.

The Altnaveigh massacre happened in 1922. Thatā€™s Altnaveigh, Northern Ireland, 1922. Look up your history.

Stop making it about yourself, so.

You know there were some people born and brought up in England in the IRA, too?

If youā€™ve read the book ā€œKilling Rageā€ by Eamon Collins, youā€™ll be familiar with ā€œMickeyā€, aka Michael Collins, who was the Newry IRAā€™s top sharpshooter in the 1980s. He was born and brought up in Manchester.

James Connolly was brought up in Scotland.

The country of origin of the attackers is irrelevant. The nature of the attack is relevant. It was against a British soldier, like so many other IRA attacks. Therefore itā€™s of an obviously different nature to the Manchester bomb or the London attack.

You mention the word ā€œwarā€. ā€œWarā€, ie. the ā€œWar on Terrorā€, is the preferred terminology of the west. Not to mention the wars in Iraq, Afghanistan, Syria and Libya. And that immediately grants a legitimacy to ISIS, Al Qaeda or whoever.

Itā€™s not me that is granting that legitimacy. Itā€™s the governments of the USA and the UK that are doing so.

Interesting thread here about Choudary.

https://twitter.com/mrjammyjamjar3/status/871829837262061568

1 Like

But theyā€™ll keeping buying the weapons right?

Imagine some country with no economic clout did this. Imagine it was Albania or something, the U.K. would have em fucked out of FIFA

2 Likes

Iā€™d say the lads are all sniggering away at the call centre robot there.

Great start to the day

5 Likes

Thatā€™s about the fifth time heā€™s been killed in an airstrike.

Was there anything further released about the lad arrested in Wexford during the week?

Munich, just developing now

Think you are a bit late with this oneā€¦
I can tell you how it ends

Very slow off the mark on the attack on US republicans baseball practice. We need @ProjectX back no one else is stepping up to full his shoes

Just another day in America

Supposedly the cops have said the shooter is white. Which might explain the muted reaction.

Lolz, doubtless we hear loads from you on the sad fact that blacks in America commit violent crimes at 7 to 10 times the level of whites. Itā€™s so strange that we didnā€™t hear about the 43 shootings (6 fatal) in Chicago last weekend on here. Maybe itā€™s because it was mostly committed by black people on one another.

Dead gunman identified as pacifist leftie Bernie supporter and Trump hater James Hodgkinson.

Surely you libertarians appreciate the sentiment, if not the politics?

3 Likes

Ooooofffffttttt