Terrorism Thread. The terror of another nembo kev thread

Agree. Growing disenfranchised 2nd generation immigrants here in Ireland that i think the middle class/professiinal class of tfk do not see at all.

The lack of cops is becoming a real problem as petty crime and gang type activity grows in rural towns and cities. Talk to councillirs, cops, nurses, security staff. Everything is on the rise

The problem here is that the attitude that " everybody loves us cos weā€™re harmless" still exists and deep down nobody believes that we are just as vulnerable as anywhere else.
The only thing is that with Brexit on the horizon, it makes us more useful as a means of entering mainland Europe rather then a target.

Crimes against property are more or less ignored. They give you a crime number for an insurance claim is about it.

You need to create a strong middle class in any society to preserve the status quo and general civility. Everybody needs to be able to aspire to joining it. Main way is education and as I said before pre school education. Works wonders. Once you ghettoise and marginalise people you get drugs, crime, violence and anti social behaviour and in Muslim world this is now morphing, evolving and manifesting itself in terrorism

Muslim community does need to take responisibility for this though. Not all terrorists but like IRA violence you need your community to be facilitators and sympathetic to run a successful terror campaign.

1 Like

Youā€™re some man for hyperbole.

1 Like

The motorways are killing the country

The Spanish police stepped right up - Showed the Brits how itā€™s done.

WTF is wrong with people walking around filming people on the ground dead or dying - if thatā€™s your first instinct instead of helping youā€™re severely fucked in the head.

2 Likes

Schizophrenic?

Damnitā€¦you need to be very quick around here when someone makes a fundamental grammatical error.

:grinning:

Sick cunts like Art - in the wake of this attack their first instinct is to pull up a typo.

This is what the people are telling me.

Not huge issues now, but worrying signs.

Cops are under staffed, over worked, poorly trained and still a large portion of them hate and donā€™t want to do the job. There is 1-2 cops regularly trying to man the Ballincollig town & hinterland, about 30k people. Very often i believe they get given a chunk of Blarney and the Northside as well.
The Northside of Cork is a ticking timebomb with a multitude of issues from racism to the travelers intimidating people everywhere and taking over, break ins thru the roof etc.
Mahon not too different.
Talk to vops about the beatings. One guy put in hospital not too long ago in Ballincollig trying to stop a fued between local Irish kids and polish gang (even though they are largely irish born too)

Now as @TheUlteriorMotive said education is key.
In Togher/Ballypheane area, considered in many ways as rough and certainly rougher in peoples mindsets than ballincollig, they have no such magnitude of issues. Why?
I do not know the full answer and i bet you its complex, but one significant thing is the influence of the Barrs. They have put coaches in the 4 schools. Most of those schools seem to have a very integrative approach. The foreign nationals feel part of the community. Their participation and rentention numbers are thru the roof, and they are coming from all backgrounds.

Iā€™m open to correction but on a few viewings i have seen no african kids play for Ballincollig yet there is a significant and growing population of them here. Why is that?

Sport can bs a big help, along with schools. If they got together and worked at it they could create some solutions.

But one issue is this retarded sporting approach in ireland to ā€œminding your own patchā€

1 Like

Seems like a waste of resources to commit 5 fellas to driving around in one car knowing they were all likely to shot dead.

Fuck the barrs, even if they do prevent world war 3 Iā€™ll never warm to the cunts.

4 Likes

:joy::joy::joy:

Actually my first reaction is a lot further up the thread, but seeing as itā€™s out of the way I can pull up your typo.

How about speculating that the terrorist attack (itā€™s nice that you finally are calling it such) in Charlottesville was inspired by ISIS?

There is no difference in evil between US right-wing extremism and ISIS.

Are there good people in ISIS?

Has Mr. Trump answered that yet?

Will ETA now strike back at ISIS?

Those ETA cunts wouldnā€™t hurl pipe bombs to arabs.

Our Basque brothers have given up the armed struggle.

And the lack of them

If there is a silver lining to these horrific attacks cc @ChocolateMice itā€™s that these lads are getting much less sophisticated in their planning and shitter in their execution of attacks. Lads blowing up the gaff where there making the bombs. 5 of them in one car knocking people over. Iā€™d also say thereā€™s a good chance that the suicide vests they were wearing were fake/unusable. Hopefully it points to less links with and training by the lads with real expertise in fighting this sort of war. We"ll still have loads of small cells of lads who believe but hopefully way less lads who can put together a Paris style set of attacks.