Test Match Cricket

Ultimately as well a lot of it boils down to the fact tha Smith and Warner do not appear to very bright, possibly a bit on the thick side. How the hell did they think they were going to get away with that stunt with cameras everywhere. That’s at at variance with Australian cricket history. Their captains/leadership have typically always been smart and cunning - Ponting, Warne, Gilchrist, Border, Steve Waugh, the Chappells.

2 Likes

I could say there are no words. But there are
Plenty of them.
They have disgraced the game, their country, themselves.
I can tell you the feeling here is of anger and shame.

I’d honestly wonder how a bowler can celebrate taking a wicket when he knows its cheating. Any cricket this Australian team has been involved in since lehmann took over is as genuine as Paula Radcliffe.
It’s total bullshit.

1 Like

As dirty as Radcliffe, a good comparison

Hardly an isolated incident?

Well you have to think that now. Pretty much everything they’ve done under Lehmann and with Smith and Warner as C and VC have to have questions over them.
So CA have to act swiftly, definitively and severely.
Lehmann has to be sacked and Gillespie brought in. Smith and Warner sacked and their CA contracts torn up and suspended from playing for Australia for a long lo ng time.
They have to take the nuclear option here. Thwy have to look at 2 years down the line and whether people will think then that the actions they took were enough or over the top. The latter would be the right result. They have to go over the top with a disproportionate reaction.

The whole culture of the team is toxic and that comes from the leadership.
Lyon, Starc amd Hazlewood are also involved in this and they have to also be sanctioned.
Bancroft was thrown under the bus. His crimes are stupidity and loyalty. He deserves what he gets, but it should be nothing compared to the rest.

I agree with that absolutely. The worst thing about all this is the cowardice in getting the new boy to be the mule.

Apparently not directly, and they were quite pissed off that Smith’s comments implied that they might have been. Though Lyon in particular has come across as a bit of a cunt for a while now.

1 Like

My impression is that Lyon and Hazlewood were directly involved.

Lyon looks like the class 5c nerd who found the conch under a shrub.

A new lad will only scuff one side of a ball on the direct instruction of the seam attack.

The three of them have been saying privately that they weren’t, think SMH had it

“privately”

Ah I don’t blame them if they feel Smith was throwing them under the bus

The ott reaction is pay back for the players over the pre ashes money stand off. Nobody is ashamed or embarrassed over this rather they were six months ago and now is the opportunity for vested interests in Australia to pile on.

His chances of playing for Surrey this summer are certainly gone.

It’s not ott.
What’s the fucking point? Might as well bowl from wherever you want.

What are you fucking talking about?

He’d be a great signing for Surrey. The big bad wolf. One of the finest batsmen currently in the game to boot. If I were the chairman, I’d merely be using his current predicament to negotiate his fee.